DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My DJI Air 2s plunged into the pacific ocean - not sure what happened

Thank you for this information. Very helpful. Does the video recording thru the FLY app provide any useful/helpful info?
If you mean videoing when flying in order to also get a low res cache video saved onto your mobile device memory to be certain that a video of the incident remains, or having a screen recorder running on the mobile device... if the craft (with it's SD card) is lost..? Yeah... will not hurt, but it depends on how good you can visualize the last craft movements together with other data... straight out from the log.

Personally a video of the incident isn't crucial... a log is enough.

Reactions: bikeboy74
Thank you all for your responses and sorry for my late response. I was off the grid for a few days.

@slup I attached the .DAT file you asked for. Hope this reveals some more details.

Is there a link where I can upload my logs to DJI so they can have a look as well? I went through their webpage and couldn't really find anything.

Attachments

• 2023-02-24_15-25-54_FLY051.DAT
    5.9 MB · Views: 6
Is there a link where I can upload my logs to DJI so they can have a look as well?
You would need to "synch" your flight data (upload to their server), then open a case by starting an online chat with their support people.
To synch your data, you have to enable flight record backup at the top of the screen in DJI Fly Flight Data Centre page:
i-QXzLN8H-M.jpg

Hi all,
That's what I got back from DJI yesterday:

1. The aircraft worked under the GPS mode, and responded well to the pilot's command;
2. Flight Time T=09:39, Relative Height H=-13.6 m, Distance to Home Point D=164.1 m, the pilot pulled the pitch stick backward and pushed the throttle stick up, the aircraft flew backward at 12.6 m/s and ascended at 1.4 m/s , then it crashed;
3. The incident coordinate: 8.4414089, -83.4629593.

According to the analysis, the incident was caused by the operation error of the pilot. Please pay attention to the flight environment

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest