DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My DJI Care Experience

skipperbrown

Reactions
I wrecked my Air 2 into a tree and broke the starboard aft arm off at the motor. Rookie error on my part. I thought I might repair it myself. The arm sells for about $25, but it would have taken about 3 weeks to ship from China and then I would have to do some major disassembly/reassembly. I thought about sending it in for repair, but figured with a $25 arm, one hour of estimated labor, and shipping both ways, I would be out at least $100. Thus, I went with DJI care. On Thursday, I opened a case and immediately was asked to pay $69. Once I did that, they emailed me a prepaid UPS shipping label within minutes. I packed up the drone per the instructions and took it to a UPS store on Friday morning.

It took 7 days (5 business days) to make the trip from FL to CA, but it finally arrived on Thursday. Friday morning (business day 6), I received an email from DJI stating my drone had been received and was being examined and processed. On Wednesday (business day 9), I got another email stating my replacement drone had been shipped. It took another 4 business days for UPS to get the drone to me. It came on Tuesday. A few minutes after delivery, UPS sent me a message stating it was delivered.

DJI sent me what appears to be a brand new drone boxed in a smaller but similar really nice box as the original. This box had a DJI Cares label on it.

So in summary, it took 13 business days from the date I sent the Air 2 in until I got the new drone back and I am out $69 plus the original cost of the care package. I was concerned it might take much longer since it is a new model and repair stock might have been thin, but that was not the case. Now I will be a bit more careful about trees.

Reactions: 4score and AKQuads
I smashed my Mini into my house on my 2nd flight. Broke one of the arms off. Sent it in and had it replaced, mine went to Texas. Interesting that your MA2 would go to CA.

I just received my replacement mini Monday, total turnover was 20 days for me.

Pretty happy with my DJI care experience, although I wish the process would have been quicker. I didn't hesitate to buy DJI Care for my MA2.

I crash my drone once and they gave me a code on there website value for the price of the drone m.

I wrecked my Air 2 into a tree and broke the starboard aft arm off at the motor. Rookie error on my part. I thought I might repair it myself. The arm sells for about $25, but it would have taken about 3 weeks to ship from China and then I would have to do some major disassembly/reassembly. I thought about sending it in for repair, but figured with a $25 arm, one hour of estimated labor, and shipping both ways, I would be out at least $100. Thus, I went with DJI care. On Thursday, I opened a case and immediately was asked to pay $69. Once I did that, they emailed me a prepaid UPS shipping label within minutes. I packed up the drone per the instructions and took it to a UPS store on Friday morning.

It took 7 days (5 business days) to make the trip from FL to CA, but it finally arrived on Thursday. Friday morning (business day 6), I received an email from DJI stating my drone had been received and was being examined and processed. On Wednesday (business day 9), I got another email stating my replacement drone had been shipped. It took another 4 business days for UPS to get the drone to me. It came on Tuesday. A few minutes after delivery, UPS sent me a message stating it was delivered.

DJI sent me what appears to be a brand new drone boxed in a smaller but similar really nice box as the original. This box had a DJI Cares label on it.

So in summary, it took 13 business days from the date I sent the Air 2 in until I got the new drone back and I am out $69 plus the original cost of the care package. I was concerned it might take much longer since it is a new model and repair stock might have been thin, but that was not the case. Now I will be a bit more careful about trees.
you can tell if thy gave you a new drone if the s/n are different.

Just renewed the DJI Cares for my MP2. Not a scratch for year 1. Hope Year 2 is the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa