DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My drone sometimes flies diagonal

Krillz

Reactions
Does anyone else have this problem? Even in low winds, as I fly straight it looks almost if it yaws to the left. Sometimes I can get it to fly perfectly straight, but other times it ruins the shots because it looks like it is flying sideways. I calibrated the IMU on the flattest surface and still get this from time to time. I attached a video where you can see it. Or maybe it's normal for all the Mavics? Let me know!

Maybe your RC stick is off,have you tried calibrating it?

Mine started going to the right a little the other day and did Calibrate the TX and RX and from the few times I have flown it seemed to fix it .
Be sure when your doing the IMU it is on a level surface if you didn't know .

Mine started going to the right a little the other day and did Calibrate the TX and RX and from the few times I have flown it seemed to fix it .
Tx and rx?
Tx and rx? Is that the sticks?

Reactions: sennaemmatty
I have this exact same issue. I also noticed that it changes which direction it drifts in and occasionally it puts a bit of yaw on and even more rarely will yaw when hovering. I started a topic on it and tried lots of things but all have failed so far. I messaged DJI who told me that they think it is an issue with the most recent firmware (.1000) and they will report it through. They would not give me a time scale and promised nothing!! I have just emailed in to say that at least having the option to downgrade the firmware officially (like we used to be able to do) would help prove it was this issue and not a hardware fault and also would fix it for now until they fix the flaws in this firmware!!! I'm waiting a response but I'm not holding my breath!! That will teach me to upgrade straight away!

What version are you on?

I have this exact same issue. I also noticed that it changes which direction it drifts in and occasionally it puts a bit of yaw on and even more rarely will yaw when hovering. I started a topic on it and tried lots of things but all have failed so far. I messaged DJI who told me that they think it is an issue with the most recent firmware (.1000) and they will report it through. They would not give me a time scale and promised nothing!! I have just emailed in to say that at least having the option to downgrade the firmware officially (like we used to be able to do) would help prove it was this issue and not a hardware fault and also would fix it for now until they fix the flaws in this firmware!!! I'm waiting a response but I'm not holding my breath!! That will teach me to upgrade straight away!

What version are you on?
I'm on the latest version as well. But yeah it's really annoying having to try to edit around it. It doesnt happen all the time tho. I'm kind of wishing I just got the p4 pro at this point.. not to say that it doesn't have problems either it's just that this isn't what I was hoping for for $1000.

Either needs a stick calibration or a new compass calibration.
Thank You that slipped right by me . I didn't even try to do a compass cal . :oops:

Reactions: kabonski
I'm on the latest version as well. But yeah it's really annoying having to try to edit around it. It doesnt happen all the time tho. I'm kind of wishing I just got the p4 pro at this point.. not to say that it doesn't have problems either it's just that this isn't what I was hoping for for $1000.
Im on 900 and get it intermittently.Iv had it full throttle to the right and still go left
Just got it"AGAIN" last week on the return leg of a 3mile run.Now that Im thinking about it ,I think each time its happened, it been to the left

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky