DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My drone wanted to land 200+ feet up.

sUAV's fly under VFR rules.

That means visibility minimums, ceiling requirements and NOT FLYING INTO OR NEAR CLOUDS

Below 1200 AGL it is 1 statute mile visibility and stay clear of clouds
The basic VFR weather minimums are specific to types of airspace and altitudes.

Does the concept of "see and avoid" ring a bell? VLOS?

Not that many of us get to 1200 AGL, but the rules for there are
500 below 1,000 above 2,000 horizontal away from clouds. That means don't fly into them!

Remember the FAA has a very broad policy allowing for prosecution if a flight was unsafe, even IF it followed the rules.
Yep, you are right about the FAA... if I keep below 400 ft I should be safe from clouds. I'm learning everyday. Just found out bees are another safety issue.. who knew?

Just found out bees are another safety issue.. who knew?
Birds are too.... especially birds of prey, hawks and the like.

If you encounter a hawk, and descend to get away, it will think you are dinner and really go after you.

If you climb, you have a better chance.

a Part 107 sUAV can break the 400' rule to avoid a bird, as it will prevent damage or loss of the aircraft.

That is why my controller is not hard limited to 400', I want some wiggle room if I need it

sUAV's fly under VFR rules.

That means visibility minimums, ceiling requirements and NOT FLYING INTO OR NEAR CLOUDS

Below 1200 AGL it is 1 statute mile visibility and stay clear of clouds
The basic VFR weather minimums are specific to types of airspace and altitudes.

Does the concept of "see and avoid" ring a bell? VLOS?

Not that many of us get to 1200 AGL, but the rules for there are
500 below 1,000 above 2,000 horizontal away from clouds. That means don't fly into them!

Remember the FAA has a very broad policy allowing for prosecution if a flight was unsafe, even IF it followed the rules.

That's nice. I also hear you use units like mph and Fahrenheit where the FAA applies.

That is why my controller is not hard limited to 400', I want some wiggle room if I need it
And how would you remove the hard limit of 400’? Do you just set an arbitrary, higher number for each flight in the GO 4 app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22