DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 My entry for Fall Colors.

Hi Sheppie,
all the shots are very smoot....But: Almost 12 minutes is unfortunately way too long! Why?: Well the problem is that all the shots are mid or wide shots, that means that concerning the image build up nothing happends. That makes the video look boring.
Moreover the camera moves all the time. One shoud make some nice closeup shots, some slightly lifting ub/down shots and even some shots where the camera doesn´t move at all. That would make the video more interesting to watch!
Another "problem" is the not fitting music. For such calm and smooth shots an epic music would be better. One thing one should never do in a long 12 minutes video: music all the time! One should make some sound of nature as for example distant bird song! And if you would make some nice fall-detail-shots on the ground you would have a good choice for the editing, by mixing ground and drone shots.
I hope you don´t mind my critical comment, these are only my two cents ;)
cheers Paul
sorr, my english is not perfect! I am a german speaking Swissman:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi Sheppie,
all the shots are very smoot....But: Almost 12 minutes is unfortunately way too long! Why?: Well the problem is that all the shots are mid or wide shots, that means that concerning the image build up nothing happends. That makes the video look boring.
Moreover the camera moves all the time. One shoud make some nice closeup shots, some slightly lifting ub/down shots and even some shots where the camera doesn´t move at all. That would make the video more interesting to watch!
Another "problem" is the not fitting music. For such calm and smooth shots an epic music would be better. One thing one should never do in a long 12 minutes video: music all the time! One should make some sound of nature as for example distant bird song!
I hope you don´t mind my critical comment, these are only my two cents ;)
cheers Paul
Not at all. Thank you for your comments. I am just getting started at video editing so I really don't know much about it. I'll take any help that I can get.

Would agree with Jack 43. So much of making a good video happens during the editing. And music, I've spent literally hours looking for music that that feels right. Your flying is nice and smooth though. Lots of good material to work with.

Not at all. Thank you for your comments. I am just getting started at video editing so I really don't know much about it. I'll take any help that I can get.
glad to hear that you are willing to accept advises from an "old geezer" ;)
It´s now 55 years ago that I started with the hobby..:rolleyes: And remember: "No one is born a master" Little by little and by practicing you will get the feeling for music and images!
cheers Paul

If you got a good computer rig, I'd go with Davinci Resolve 16.2. It's free BUT very CPU dependent. I'm running a custom built Ryzen 5 3600 with 32gb memory and a AMD Radeon RX 570 graphics card. Runs Davinci Resolve with no problem.

I agree with both Jack and Barbara. I’m a newby too at video and it can be pretty daunting but fun! I agree that the video length is too long! I personally have an idea in mind and search for the music that inspires me before I even shoot the video. Sounds perhaps a bit daft but I find that you then fit the video clips to the beat or tempo of the music. I try not to go over 3 mins otherwise it sends me to sleep too! Otherwise, nicely shot, beautifully steady and a great start.

otherwise it sends me to sleep too!
Hi Dawn,
good one:) But one can also create a longer video which is not boring at all! The problem with most of the drone videos is that they contains "only" aerial views and most of these shots are wide shots. Such videos can become boring even if they are short!
How can one obtain more interesting videos? Well it´s easy! In a drone video we should also make many "ground-shots" to show the subjects from another angle as from above! Important: we should make many mid-shots and close-up shots. Close-up shots are the salt in the moviemakers soup! A saltless soup tastes rather bad, the same happens with a movie which contains only aereal wide shots!
This were only my the two cents;)
have a nice weekend, amitiées
Paul
BTW, I am shooting a video called: "The fall is here" I think that by the end of November it should be done!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cobra443