DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My entry to Film Riots 60 Second Action Scene Challenge-shot entirely with the Mavic Air

johnnysac5

Reactions
I don't have a traditional film camera of my own, so i wanted to see if a drone could be a legitimate alternative. I used a wiggle expression in After Effects to try and make the shots not look "drony". It was filmed over 2 days (kept getting kicked out) and without a budget. Your thoughts and feedback is appreciated.

I don't have a traditional film camera of my own, so i wanted to see if a drone could be a legitimate alternative. I used a wiggle expression in After Effects to try and make the shots not look "drony". It was filmed over 2 days (kept getting kicked out) and without a budget. Your thoughts and feedback is appreciated.

Inventive for sure! Experiment with the holding the drone in your hand (without props) while recording. DJI has some creative work with the i2 Here

Keep creating out of the box, nice job!

Inventive for sure! Experiment with the holding the drone in your hand (without props) while recording. DJI has some creative work with the i2 Here

Keep creating out of the box, nice job!
Thanks! I actually had to do that for the close up shot of the phone. Ultimately i wasn't thrilled with how it looked so i turned that shot into a jpeg and added some wiggle and smoke in the background. I'll keep trying to think creatively :)

Very entertaining. How long did the editing take?
The girls seems not too scared for all the bombs going off around her.

Reactions: Gooseman
Very entertaining. How long did the editing take?
The girls seems not too scared for all the bombs going off around her.
Editing took around 2 weeks. As far as her performance, there’s only so much my wife will put up with lol. It was 100 degrees and she was not into it, so I had to work with what she was willing to do.

That "wiggle" looks like something I've seen on simulations of Mars-landers and such, and I've always thought it looked fake, amateurish and annoying. I've wondered why they think it adds to the scene.

Editing took around 2 weeks. As far as her performance, there’s only so much my wife will put up with lol. It was 100 degrees and she was not into it, so I had to work with what she was willing to do.
Oh, How I very much am familiar with that sentiment!

Reactions: johnnysac5

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar