DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro My first and hopefully last crash. All caught on cam streamed around the world.

Hi all. Footage from last Saturday. Was blowing a gale and I’ve learnt a good lesson in wind and flying.

Watch on #Periscope: Drone crash into gum tree #travel. # drone ??Grant G?? @geelong6Grant
We all know that one! I hope it's your last crash. My first one was not my last lol. Each crash is a lesson learned. I have learnt lots of lessons ?

Reactions: geelong6grant
Crashed two rc planes in trees in 25 yrs, I climbed the tree the first time with the bottom limb at 12 plus feet from the ground. I had a tie down strap in the truck threw it over the limb and pulled myself up into the tree. At 61 and looking back at my youth god I can't believe I did that. The second time it was at a city park in freezing conditions and after hours of effort I gave up. Contacted the city and after a week passed they got in down for me. Hated that feeling.

I have a video from my drone of me searching around the bottom of the tree which my drone was stuck in. Surreal. On another crash (forced landing actually) the wind blew the drone 1.5Ks off course. Had to go knocking on peoples door asking if they had seen a drone and if I could please have it back. Return to childhood, except then it was usually a football or small plastic plane with a rubberband propellor! 55 years later everything has changed and nothing has changed?

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign