DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first bait drop

Neat! How do you drop the line? Can you give an overview of the whole setup?

The Future of Fishing - DroneFishing | Drone Fishing

im using the Ganet for the MP, theres some video's here...the product was designed in south africa and works really well

it is activated by the front LED lights of your drone which can easily be turned on and off using your C1 or C2 buttons on your drone’s remote. Alternatively, you can set your drones camera that when you start recording that it automatically switches the lights off, stop the record and the lights are back on and the device is in its closed position,

No need to modify your drone in any manner nor do you need to open it. Does not interfere with landing sensors which remain unobstructed and fully functional.

Mavic Pro/Platinum Gannet Bait Release | Drone Fishing

Reactions: mrwagdog
I used to see this done with kites when I was a kid ... I didn't think it would be long before this came about ... Brilliant! The fish don't stand a chance!

Reactions: Andz
More inaccessible private video????

i would be afraid of a line tangle as it goes out and the bird dropping in the lake. I have lost several lures like that just fishing normally.

All you need is a forward facing L shaped hook on the Mavic's bottom and a small loop tied in the line about 10 feet above the bait. skip the loop over the hook and fly out at a steady speed facing forward with just a very slight drag on the fishing reel. Whe you get to the distance you want. slow to a stop and slowly turn 180. the loop will slip off the L shaped hook and drop into the water.
This is similar to how we used to launch RC gliders back in the day with a Hi-Start or a winch using just an L shaped hook on the bottom of the glider.
When you got as high as you could you simply flew forward off the hook and the kine dropped away.
Couldn't be simpler

The Future of Fishing - DroneFishing | Drone Fishing

im using the Ganet for the MP, theres some video's here...the product was designed in south africa and works really well

it is activated by the front LED lights of your drone which can easily be turned on and off using your C1 or C2 buttons on your drone’s remote. Alternatively, you can set your drones camera that when you start recording that it automatically switches the lights off, stop the record and the lights are back on and the device is in its closed position,

No need to modify your drone in any manner nor do you need to open it. Does not interfere with landing sensors which remain unobstructed and fully functional.

Mavic Pro/Platinum Gannet Bait Release | Drone Fishing
I feel like this is the best way to lose a expensive drone lol. Glad the drone is working out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark