DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My First Crash

Kamau54

Reactions
I crashed into a power line (Yea, wasn't paying close enough attention) that was partially hidden by tree branches.
Long story short, I was in sport mode when it happened. MA fell about 25 feet onto pavement. Broke 2 props (replaced all of them, and restarted. Got error message saying to calibrate compass, which I successfully did, but then got error message about bottom sensor. It wanted me to use the drone to draw a box shape in front of me over textured surface, which I did 4 times. Failed each time.
Also, I can't get the gimbal guard on now. Plus, the image from the camera is tilted my phone screen.
And lastly, I do not have DJI Care. Tell me I'm not totally screwed, that I can get it repaired at my cost.20200321_193721.jpg

There are a lot of reports of DJI being very reasonable when it comes to UAV repair. Normally they assess the damage, inform you of what they found and the cost to repair, and if you accept, they send you a sometimes new, but ofter refurbished unit. That is one option. There may be delays right now though with all that’s going on globally.

Reactions: Kamau54
There are a lot of reports of DJI being very reasonable when it comes to UAV repair. Normally they assess the damage, inform you of what they found and the cost to repair, and if you accept, they send you a sometimes new, but ofter refurbished unit. That is one option. There may be delays right now though with all that’s going on globally.
Yea, I'm not afraid of the cost involved.
But the delay is probably gonna be intensive because of this coronavirus.

Yeah. Tough times right now, and sorry for your incident by the way. I would be bummed out too. That said, it’s refreshing to hear someone say that they were at fault and accept that. I hope it works out for you and you’re back in the air soon!

I crashed into a power line (Yea, wasn't paying close enough attention) that was partially hidden by tree branches.
Long story short, I was in sport mode when it happened. MA fell about 25 feet onto pavement. Broke 2 props (replaced all of them, and restarted. Got error message saying to calibrate compass, which I successfully did, but then got error message about bottom sensor. It wanted me to use the drone to draw a box shape in front of me over textured surface, which I did 4 times. Failed each time.
Also, I can't get the gimbal guard on now. Plus, the image from the camera is tilted my phone screen.
And lastly, I do not have DJI Care. Tell me I'm not totally screwed, that I can get it repaired at my cost.View attachment 97051
Try @djidroneservice ... they’ll pay shipping and will give you the diagnosis and a quote for free.

Reactions: DDS and Kamau54
It looks like one of the suspension parts in your gimbal is either broken or dislocated. Hard to tell from your pictures. By the way you describe I'm going to guess (pardon my presumption) that you are not technically savvy to self repair. I repaired mine from a worse crash but I work in a very similar industry I had no fear ripping it out.....so send it in for repair at somewhere reputable like suggested above...if you are confident and have the will then watch a mavic air tear down and take as many pictures as you can while you do your repairs. Remember to label and tag each part n screw.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots