DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first DJI...January 2015

I got my first drone 10 years ago - in 2014.
It was a Phantom 2, and to get better quality photos I had a Sony RX100 1" sensor camera mounted on it.
I had a monitor with camera view on the RC, and I could tilt the camera up and down 90 degrees. I could fire the shutter remotely, and a servo device mechanically pressed the shutter button on the camera! Crazy idea, and it worked.
The image quality from the RX100 was excellent, but there was not much vibration damping, so I had to use fast shutter speeds. It was a bit heavy, max flight time was around 15 min.

s_1405_6326.jpg

And here is a photo taken with this contraption:
s_1409_1035.jpg

Actually I didn't even have the gimbal initially ! So it was both rocky as hell AND all the jello :)
Had better nav lights than the latest Mini4Pro I got now though, and was a LOT more nippy on its feet than I remember !

1718057428998.png

Actually I didn't even have the gimbal initially ! So it was both rocky as hell AND all the jello :)
Had better nav lights than the latest Mini4Pro I got now though, and was a LOT more nippy on its feet than I remember !

View attachment 175595
I got my first drone 10 years ago - in 2014.
It was a Phantom 2, and to get better quality photos I had a Sony RX100 1" sensor camera mounted on it.
I had a monitor with camera view on the RC, and I could tilt the camera up and down 90 degrees. I could fire the shutter remotely, and a servo device mechanically pressed the shutter button on the camera! Crazy idea, and it worked.
The image quality from the RX100 was excellent, but there was not much vibration damping, so I had to use fast shutter speeds. It was a bit heavy, max flight time was around 15 min.

View attachment 175593

And here is a photo taken with this contraption:
View attachment 175594
Excellent! Back then the Phantom was way above my knowledge and experience level!! Those were "big boy"toys !!

View attachment 175595
Sorry if I mis-led you. My Yuneec is the Typhoon Q500 4k I bought refurbished for $400. I did not have the bigger one.

Reactions: AeroJ
Ahh yes ...the good ole days however mine was not till March 2016.

Attachments

• 20170611_202116.jpg
    20170611_202116.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: cameracamel
My first video came from my Phantom 1. But it was shot on a GoPro Hero 2, because the phantom 1 only had a bracket bolted on the bottom to put it in. Circa 2013

Reactions: cameracamel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j.bosco