DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini My First Drone Crash!

MeerSpielerModus

Reactions
Hey Guys, some weeks ago I had my first crash with my mavic mini. I overestimated the Performance of hightsensor. The drone is ok. But i have a scratch on the camera casing. Do not try this at Home!

Reactions: cappellen
... I overestimated the Performance of hightsensor.
Yeah you did ... especially as the Mini doesn't have any OD sensors at all. The bottom VPS sensors primarily only provide a height reading to ground & assist with horizontal hold if close enough, it's not to dark & the ground have a proper pattern to lock on to. The VPS sensor isn't meant to provide a terrain follow feature.

Lesson learnt I guess ...

Reactions: tlswift58
As "Slup" stated - there is no terrain following / auto height adjusting on Mini's nor the Air2. If "you" don't watch and adjust accordingly - it will crash like you found out. You got lucky on that trial run. Had it not been a ramp, but instead a flat wall - you probably would need a new drone.

Thx for technical explanation ?. I realized that, if you go like very very slow, it adjusts hight when going up a ramp, to keep a min distance to ground . But i guess not if you go just a little fatster?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000