DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

my first flying day mishap

i believe that the memory card he is referring to is used to store the settings for the mav to fly that are set in the app such as return to home height ,metric and what the mav does when buttons on the controller are set plus it stores the internal settings for IMU, compass etc in other words the operating system for the mav it is only the mavic 2 that has internal storage for photos and video maybe he found a way to enable pics etc to be stored there

Reactions: Racin8de
i believe that the memory card he is referring to is used to store the settings for the mav to fly that are set in the app such as return to home height ,metric and what the mav does when buttons on the controller are set plus it stores the internal settings for IMU, compass etc in other words the operating system for the mav it is only the mavic 2 that has internal storage for photos and video maybe he found a way to enable pics etc to be stored there
Okay, I see... I was going to say, I never knew that you could store video or pics on internal sd card. So you can on the Mavic 2 not the Mavic Pro... Thank you for the quick reply, much appreciated!

Reactions: old man mavic
What did I learn today? SD-Cards and politicians have one thing in common: They can be corupted

well it had to happen went out today ,to do some flying in new places,found a lovely rural setting with great views in the middle of nowhere,got permission to fly from a friendly land owner and got set up to fly ,once all was powered up the app screen informed me that there was no SD card in the mav of course when i checked it out there was indeed a SD card fitted,powered down everything and took out the card gave it a wipe and blew gently into the slot in the drone then put the card back in after starting it all up again the no SD card message had gone went to format card in settings, but when i did this it said no SD card formatting failed this card has done over 250 flights without any issues guess it was just worn out, but of course the one thing i did not have was a spare SD card with me so flying was out ,found a card in a supermarket some 30 miles away, and after inserting it all was well again,as you can guess i will be carrying a spare card in future

at least we learn somethg positive is, our birds can last longer than sd cards do...?

He certainly own the mavic pro 2, which is fitted with internal memory.
The mavic pro 1 does not.
Do you mean on your internal storage on phone or SD in Mavic Pro? I have a SD card in my Mavic, and you mean to tell me you can store photo and video that you captured with the Mavic? Please explain

Do you mean on your internal storage on phone or SD in Mavic Pro? I have a SD card in my Mavic, and you mean to tell me you can store photo and video that you captured with the Mavic? Please explain
The Mavic Air has 8 gig of internal storage and also a card slot. I don't know about the Mavic Pro.

well it had to happen went out today ,to do some flying in new places,found a lovely rural setting with great views in the middle of nowhere,got permission to fly from a friendly land owner and got set up to fly ,once all was powered up the app screen informed me that there was no SD card in the mav of course when i checked it out there was indeed a SD card fitted,powered down everything and took out the card gave it a wipe and blew gently into the slot in the drone then put the card back in after starting it all up again the no SD card message had gone went to format card in settings, but when i did this it said no SD card formatting failed this card has done over 250 flights without any issues guess it was just worn out, but of course the one thing i did not have was a spare SD card with me so flying was out ,found a card in a supermarket some 30 miles away, and after inserting it all was well again,as you can guess i will be carrying a spare card in future
Some cards will not work. Most Mavic drones need the top brands and a Class 10 card. Don't skimp on that if you want to actually capture video and pictures.

Okay, I see... I was going to say, I never knew that you could store video or pics on internal sd card. So you can on the Mavic 2 not the Mavic Pro... Thank you for the quick reply, much appreciated!
All Mavics use an SD card for recording flight videos. I am trying to figure out where you are getting the misinformation from, and I can't.

SD cards are not all created equal. First you need one whose speed matches or exceeds the requirements of your specific drone model.

Also, completely reformatting the card periodically will keep the card fresh. Note that deleting videos and pictures noes not actually get rid of the old images, it just destroys the indexes to the images. Reformatting completely cleans up the disc back to an as new state. Those of us who have been in digital photography for a while have discovered this some time ago, and reformat regularly.

With proper care the cards last for 1000s of cycles.

An additional note, inserting or removing a card with the drone power on is very likely to corrupt a card. Reformatting it fixes it.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes