DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first Litchi malfunction

Brojon

Reactions
I had flown two waypoint mission and used two batteries. Everything ran perfectly. Side note - I'm still aggravated by how Litchi handles gimbal movement using waypoints in straight line mode...
Anyway, last battery and I took my MP up to about 300 ft and put in tripod mode to take some sunset photos. Basically hovering and using yaw to position. Switched to HDR mode on photos. Took maybe 3 shots. The last one I shared to Facebook. Litchi disconnected from the MV but reconnected quickly.
Waited about 5 minutes for the colors to deepen and took 2 more shots. Little window pops up each time to share. I liked the last one so I share and it complained about wifi then disconnected from my MP which just sat there hovering.
Shut down Litchi and restarted. Nope - not reconnecting. It absolutely refused to connect even though controller appeared ok - but I couldn't fly it either So I shut down the controller and bring it back up and I bring up DJI Go 4. It reconnected and I landed it.
I seem to have had a small glitch the last time I used tripod mode in Litchi - I should have been on alert I guess.
Anyone else notice weird stuff like this? Note - I was in my front yard and fully connected to my home wifi.

Ref “Note - I was in my front yard and fully connected to my home wifi.“
Perhaps that was the problem,
Why connected to Wi-Fi, surely it should be gps !

Ref “Note - I was in my front yard and fully connected to my home wifi.“
Perhaps that was the problem,
Why connected to Wi-Fi, surely it should be gps !
Yes I had 12 satellites locked.
What I meant was my iPad Mini was connected directly to the wifi - not using my phone as a hotspot.
When I posted the photo to Facebook it shouldn't have been a big deal as I have a very fast home network.
As far as Litchi goes I have no idea why that caused a disconnect but it seems logical that Litchi was involved with the post so perhaps it simply has a hard time doing both things at same time.

... It absolutely refused to connect even though controller appeared ok - but I couldn't fly it either ...
Did you think to toggle to Sports mode and back at this point? Thats what I would have done. If that had no effect then you would have a RC to Mavic connection issue, Nothing to to do with the Litchi or Go.

Did you think to toggle to Sports mode and back at this point? Thats what I would have done. If that had no effect then you would have a RC to Mavic connection issue, Nothing to to do with the Litchi or Go.
That's what it acted like but I had to ditch Litchi and bring up Go4 - then I got control.

Odd - you should of course be able to control it without any app.
A Sport mode toggle should force quit any intelligent mode that may be playing up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000