DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My First Video on Mavic Air

sanjaybenu

Reactions
I have been flying Mavic Air for little over 2 months now. Have been filming and learning to edit/color grade the videos shot.

I am posting a video that I have recently shot and edited.

Looking forward to the inputs/critique on my video.

Thank you in advance for your time and comments.

Last edited:
I have been flying Mavic Air for little over 2 months now. Have been filming and learning to edit/color grade the videos shot.

Wrong, all wrong...to much water in the shot, the trees aren't green enough. The words at the beginning...ooohhh, how I hate words....anyway it came out pretty good for the first video....keep up the practice with some experimentation and you will be a fine AirVideographer....

The most obvious comment would be the quickly flashed statement at the beginning. Not nearly enough time to read it unless I paused the video. Otherwise, great job with steady flight and perky music track. In color grading I was thinking I would have opened up the shadows open the foreground and added some more sharpening or contrast.

Practise makes perfect; both in flying your drone and in post-editing. If you are going to add any wording you need to allow enough time for the viewer to read without having to pause the video. The subject matter is very important. Keep in mind just because it is interesting to you, it may not be to anyone else. Your video is just a tad underexposed but doable.

Hmm most against the writing but then how do we know what were looking at. May be a shorter description and lower the writing to the bottom of the screen, give it just enough time to be read.

Hmm most against the writing but then how do we know what were looking at. May be a shorter description and lower the writing to the bottom of the screen, give it just enough time to be read.
Hey everyone! Let's be serious here. How many hundreds of times have we seen introductions at the start of a film or end credits scrolling on a screen? Or historical notes? The content needs to be on the screen long enough to read it, therefore requiring the producer to extend the length of the clip and read it slowly to him/herself. This quick blip was perfunctory and not actually meant to be read. It should be put at the back with credits. I actually downloaded a free scrolling credit to my Premiere Pro from Orange 83 and use it all the time. This is just simply basic.

Thank you all for your valuable contributions.

As I said I am new to all this and inputs will definitely help me to improve my videography editing and colouring skills.

I have used Davinchi Resolve 16 for editing and text input.

Will be greatly appreciative if someone can advise

- how to add test clips before or after the video, to avoid overlaying over the video itself

- how to add effects to the text like scroll, dissolve etc.

I know I am asking a lot.

This forum is full of very skilled and experienced members. I have joined this forum to learn from their skills and experience to become a better at this hobby.

So please let your comments and suggestions, keep coming.

I cannot advise you about DaVinci Resolve since I use Adobe Premiere Pro, but in most of these software programs there is always the ability to insert a text or title and then manipulate it wit key frames, or there are pre-set titles, scrolls, etc. When in a dilemmas such as this I always turn to You Tube and usually find many examples. Recently on a You Tube search I found the prolific works of Orange 83. Try that for a search. I got a free download of a scrolling title from that website which I find suits my needs. Try looking for the word "title" in the menus, or "text", or "T". Some of these programs are specific for PC or MAC so include that in your search.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr