DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Air crashed into water...need help to get it going again

Darylsvanlife

Reactions
Hi, I crashed into a river the other day. After eventually salvaging the drone, I dried with a towel, then a hair dryer and then put it in a bag of rice for 2 days. Today I’ve tried to get it going again with no success.

I’ve put the battery in, turned it on and the rear light come on. It won’t seem to connect to the RC and when it’s turned on nothing happens except for the rear light. What should I do?

Probably best to get it looked at by an expert.

Sorry to read this, Unfortunately, it sounds like it's fried..... If you want to buy another one, I have a red Mavic Air for sale in the classifieds...
Shipping to Australia would be very expensive, plus import tax.

I’ve put the battery in, turned it on and the rear light come on. It won’t seem to connect to the RC and when it’s turned on nothing happens except for the rear light.
What colour and pattern is the rear light? See if it matches any of these status indicators (from the MA user manual p.12)

1579263173567.png

Hi, I crashed into a river the other day. After eventually salvaging the drone, I dried with a towel, then a hair dryer and then put it in a bag of rice for 2 days. Today I’ve tried to get it going again with no success.

I’ve put the battery in, turned it on and the rear light come on. It won’t seem to connect to the RC and when it’s turned on nothing happens except for the rear light. What should I do?
I'm guessing you dont have the dji care insurance?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54