DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic doesn't like my new Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Sac D

Reactions
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A to use with my Mavic, and it seemed like a simple matter of plugging it into the USB port on the bottom of the controller. No love. All that port was doing for me was charging the tablet while draining the power out of the controller.
So I tried doing the same thing with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone, which works fine when it is connected on the the shoulder of the controller. Anyway, it had the same result as the tablet, charging and no data.
All firmware are of the latest releases. Is there something I overlooked in getting this thing going?

First, on front page of DJI Go4 app, tap the me icon bottom right then the cog icon top right on page that opens. Now select and turn on Enable USB debugging.
Now in your phone settings go to developer options and enable USB debugging.
If you cant find Developer Options in your phone settings you will need to enable them by going to about device and tapping continously on build number which will then enable developer options.

Reactions: krnlueck
I bought the same tablet when I got the mavic,it has been flawless for over a month with no issues,however,from everything I have read I ordered a mini 4 which should be here today

I got it to connect a couple of times, but no idea how I did it at this point can't tell if the problem is the Tab or the RC. I'm leaning towards the Tab being the problem, because if I plug in the phone it works great. So I will keep messing with the configuration on the tablet until I hit the magic combination I guess.

I hate sitting here for hours trying to get this sorted, and going through battery after battery in the process!

Last edited:
SOLVED!
Well, actually I just said screw it, and got a new Lenovo 8" tablet, the TB-8504F which runs Android 7.1.1 and has a 16x9 screen. 16GB memory, Allows a micro SD card for extra storage, etc. A bargain on Amazon right now.

Anyway, I loaded DJI 4 on it, plugged it in, and it connected immediately.

So now I have an extra brand-new Samsung tablet sitting here. I guess I'll use it as an "iPad" unless someone makes an offer I can't refuse for it.

Also just picked up the Lenovo 8" and no problems after 2 flights. What mount are you using?

Also just picked up the Lenovo 8" and no problems after 2 flights. What mount are you using?

I have a 6 foot cable, and the tablet can either be inside the cover of my case (which has a shade screen I made) or loose in the trunk of my car, etc.

I have switched to a Samsung Tab E and it works perfectly!

Did you have problems with the lenovo? I looked at the Tab E but saw more problems with that on this forum than the Lenovo. Is there a way to get dji 4 to save directly to SD card?

Did you have problems with the lenovo? I looked at the Tab E but saw more problems with that on this forum than the Lenovo. Is there a way to get dji 4 to save directly to SD card?

I haven't really gotten too much into the workings of djigo4, perhaps this is something to search for in another thread. All I know is that the program seems to just scatter output kind of randomly.

Hi, Just bought a Samsung Tab A to use with my Mavic as well. Same issue, however my Tab A would beep at me when plugged into my RC. I swiped down and made the USB connection as a Camera.. and then the app started working. It then came up with a dialog box asking if this would be the normal connection default for this app. Said ok snd it has worked ever since. Only problem is bad video feed lag from my Mavic while flying. Now am considering sending the Tab A back as it doesn't seem to cope well with live camera feed. Maybe the processor is not fast enough.
Well I have played with all the settings, replaced my cable with 3 quality cables and no difference. Tab A can't keep up with the video feed. I use my Samsung J3 phone it works fine. Video is instant and all works, except the screen is too small. Looks like I will be using my phone for a while.

Last edited:
My Tab A would connect only in the following order: turn on RC, turn on Mavic, connect Tab A and restart Tab A in airplane mode with no other apps running. That was with the RC and Mavic running v700. Since the connection was less than stellar, I decided to update everything (including Tab A) to the newest versions figuring that it could not get any worse. To my surprise, not only does everything work, it works flawlessly. I was even able to download the offline map for Washington state and the Here maps works again. In the old configuration the map list wouldn't even show.

Needless to say, I am a happy camper with a working display. It does seem like that for now, in my case, DJI and Android are playing nice. Now I can stop plotting how I was going to commandeer my wife's iPad :).

EDIT: My happy time above was ruined by an unplanned Go 4 update to 4.1.18 which caused lagging, pixillated video. I downgraded to 4.1.15, stopped auto updates, and am flying happy again.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60