DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic is slow at taking photos

ivanpg

Reactions
Hi all,

first of all Happy new year to everyone! Wish you all the best!

I was outside shooting yesterday and I have noticed something - my mavic is slow at taking photos for some reason.

I mostly use AEB and when compose my shot and click on the icon to take 5 photos in a row its all good. However a few seconds after this shot I want to make another. The button is active, however when i press it nothing happens. I have to move the gimble, move the drone itself and after some time 30sec - 1m i see this orange square with exposure and a lock and then I am able to take photos again. I guess I have selected something wrong in the settings.

Also before I am able to take a shto when i press on the screen the mavic is not focusing which is also weird I mean when i tap nothing happens during the majority of time.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Ivan

Are you shooting RAW, jpegs or both? If you're shooting a burst of five photos in RAW format alone that produces a lot of data that has to write to the card. If you're shooting RAW and jpeg both, that's even more data to write. Depending on the write speed of your card, you may just be waiting for the camera to write the data.

I am shooting RAW, so that what you are saying does make a lot of sense. I will try to switch to jpeg to see if it will have an effect

THANK YOU!

I am shooting RAW, so that what you are saying does make a lot of sense. I will try to switch to jpeg to see if it will have an effect

THANK YOU!
There isn't that much difference. I shoot RAW 5 shot burst with all my pictures and it's very fast. What speed card are you using?

Yup, that was my thought also. Check the speed grade of the card. Sounds to me like it's still saving off photos.

Also try to format your card, no matter what you have. Could be something corrupt that's causing write delays.

Reactions: Callum
Yup, that was my thought also. Check the speed grade of the card. Sounds to me like it's still saving off photos.

Also try to format your card, no matter what you have. Could be something corrupt that's causing write delays.
... And when you format your card, do it while it's in the Mavic, using the Go4 app. It makes a huge difference when you allow the camera that is using the card to format it.