DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro's GPS went bad!!

All the issues in the flight that you posted were due to insufficient GNSS satellite reception.
I'm assuming that GNSS satellites are the GPS satellites? Sorry for the ignorant question. The thing is that I have the same problem when I have full reception (eg at 400 feet no obstacles). Maybe I'll post a flight log with the issue when I'm flying higher with better GPS reception.

All the issues in the flight that you posted were due to insufficient GNSS satellite reception.

In terms of compass data, compass 0 was active and the magnetic data look good enough not to have cause the problem.
Here's another set of flight logs from a flight where I was at about 400 feet and had 16-18 satellites. The drone still was flying to the side (not straight) as before. If you'd be willing to look this one over and analyze it too I would really appreciate it.

AC .DAT logs DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2020-07-07_12-11-06.DAT

DJI GO 4 TXT logs

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-07_[11-58-57].txt
    421.5 KB · Views: 3
You have significant disagreement between the compasses, which I'm sure is the source of the problem. The track follows the IMU heading but that is clearly wrong. In this flight it is initialized to compass 0, but then the inertial solution deviates from the magnetic values:

magFLY177.png

Anyway - it has nothing to do with the GPS data - that's all good. If calibrating the compasses isn't fixing it then you will probably need to demagnetize the aircraft.

Reactions: old man mavic
You have significant disagreement between the compasses, which I'm sure is the source of the problem. The track follows the IMU heading but that is clearly wrong. In this flight it is initialized to compass 0, but then the inertial solution deviates from the magnetic values:

Anyway - it has nothing to do with the GPS data - that's all good. If calibrating the compasses isn't fixing it then you will probably need to demagnetize the aircraft.
Wow, thanks so much. That at least gets me headed in the right direction. :)

Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent