DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My remote caught water

Tajuddin

Reactions
Hello,

I was holding the remote control of DJI mini 2 when I accidentally fell into water at pond. The remote caught water. It's not charging and also not connecting to phone. Any valuable suggestions appreciated 😪

I will open the controller, disconnect the battery internally and let it dry for few days. The battery has a good chance to die. The controller has better chances.

If not... get a new controller will not be that hard or expensive. I have 3 of them. LOL.

Hey. My smart controller got splashed on a canoe trip. The left battery was the only thing showing a bit of rust. Screen flashes on but will not boot. Found a new set of batteries (there are two connected) on ebay from China. 55 bucks. Anyone had this happen? I'm thinking of buying and installing.....

I would open it and dry it out just in case that works but I'd start looking for another one on the likes of eBay etc..
That may be cheaper than a repair.
Also look into a lanyard, that would likely prevent any future drops.

I guess you could try the old stick it in a bag of rice method as a last resort. It’s worked for my phone but your controller likely has more openings for water penetration. Maybe just want to get a new one to be safe.

Hey. My smart controller got splashed on a canoe trip. The left battery was the only thing showing a bit of rust. Screen flashes on but will not boot. Found a new set of batteries (there are two connected) on ebay from China. 55 bucks. Anyone had this happen? I'm thinking of buying and installing.....
I had the exact same thing happen. I took it apart. Was going to buy the battery's too. Though I'd wait. Keep updating if you decide to try and fix it. Thx

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH