DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Results: Yagi vs. Std antenna on MA2

Just out of curiosity, could you use the 5.8ghz booster on the CE wavelength?
It's no such thing as a CE wavelength ... either you use 5.8 or 2.4GHz & depending on which you use, you have to attach the intended Yagi-antenna.

I never worry about super long distance, but I fly in heavily treed environments, and since getting the Yagi I have never flown without it, it makes a considerable difference in maintaining the connection.

Reactions: MA2 317
Hello From Belgium,
After constructive discussions with "Raffaello_IZ0QWM", who really understand what he is talking about, I decided to buy several solutions and combine them - see picture:
Both Yagi's on the same arm, and a global from shield.
The conclusion? nothing works better for that money, and cost only an hour of your time to build together.
The connection is of course more directive, but with a real gain in stability.
I must admit that my goal is not to go as far as possible, but to have a reliable and stable connection, also be cause I use my Oculus for VR view - what an experience ...IMG_E4828.JPG

According to DJI, 2.4Ghz gives more distance than 5.8Ghz, but 2.4 is more prone to interference (unless in the middle of nowhere and no obstructions)
I hope to drive to the boondocks someday and do a controlled range test with both frequencies, as well as with and without both freq. of Yagi's.

Reactions: Lecheeb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid