DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Thoughts on why the Matrice 30 and 30T have dropped in price by about 4,000 US dollars recently. I just Bought a new M30 for $5,200.

StevenBrodsky

Reactions
I just bought a Matrice 30 for 5,200 dollars. It included everything, 2 batteries, RC Pro Plus, Battery Charging Case, and the M30 w it's camera payload.

It was originally 6,500 dollars, but I got lucky and received an offer from the seller for 5,200. In 2022 the M30 was selling for 10,000 dollars while the m30T was selling for 14,000.

So why the price drop? I think it has to do with the federal governments ban on DJI drones being used by government agencies. That's my guess anyway. If anyone has other explanations, please post your input.

Because of the loss of federal and some state and local government sales, I think distributors ended up sitting on more stock than they could sell. Especially affected are the federal branches of government. Many Local Law State Law Enforcement Agencies still buy them, but probably not as many as they would have before the ban.

Anyway, if you want to buy one with all the standard accessories. make offers to the companies selling them. Stay below 6.000 for an m30 and 9,000 for an m30T.

Just a side note: This drone is not for the faint of heart. It's loud, bulky and pretty heavy when the 2 batteries are installed.

I have to say this though, it is an incredibly stable drone in flight. It doesn't drift. It's nimble and fast. When looking through the camera, sometimes I think the video feed got stuck, because there is absolutely no movement in the screen image. It's rock solid/steady, except when zoomed in several times.

So why the price drop? I think it has to do with the federal governments ban on DJI drones being used by government agencies. That's my guess anyway. If anyone has other explanations, please post your input.
It seems now that these agencies will be able to use their DJI'S BUT only after they pay a tariff. As of today the tariff seems like it will be The purchase price of the drone plus 400 dollars! SO To use their 5000 dollar matrice the dept using the Drone would have to shell out 5400.00 in tariffs to the government! This brings the Total cost $10.400 bucks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdavidsimpson