DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My time with DJI Part 2

peterc4

Reactions
Hi All, a little update on my time with dji...

Not complaining but can anybody else relate to my history any comments appreciated

Purchased my first Mavic pro when it came out (Sep 2016) went back to DJI twice first time was for the remote controller loosing reception that was repaired on care, the second time it fell from the sky in front of me and was badly damaged here is where I went wrong I was going on holiday 2 weeks later so accepted care so I would have it back for my holidays and was charged £75 when I got back of holiday tried to retrieve my money but was told I had admitted fault through accepting care lesson learned.

Decided then to try a Mavic Air so ordered on pre order that then went back as it would not fly further than 600 feet repaired on care sold after 6 months and pre ordered Mavic Pro 2 that went back after 6 months as gimble would not stay stable when flying side wards repaired on care then the biggie in April (2020) smart controller screen went grey lost connection and never seen it again see link Fly Away with dji having none of it ended up getting 30% of a new one.

Sold Mavic pro 2 April 2021 sick to death of swelling batteries ( which I am sure caused my loss) and bought an Air 2s as it had a 1 inch sensor very impressed as good if not better than the 2 pro and better in the wind

Well the mavic 3 was released, cancelled my preorder as it was not finished and was very buggy and still is to this day (22-5-22) so just renewed my care for another year on the 2s and will wait for the air 3 I think

Smart controller never worked properly with the air 2s suffering from lag and loss of reception bit disappointed in that, all solved though when the rc pro came out back to normal

One thing I will say DJI care is second to none in all the years with all the problems they have been brilliant, last time I used them was a few months back when I lost my 2s reported it Sunday night new one came Wednesday morning.

So that is my DJI history from Sep 2016 to the present day not a particularly good one, would love to hear of similar histories.

You may say why do you keep buying DJI 2 reasons they take great pics and fit in my bag a treat.

Bought my first DJI drone in early 2012 (phantom 0), bought two Inspires in 2015/6, Mavic Enterprise Dual in 2021 & M2P in 2018. No complaints, no issues that DJI hadn't fixed quickly, efficiently and reasonably priced (if not crazy cheap). Their service is second to none. Zero complaints with DJI, I wish more companies operated like DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929