DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Naming your Mavic

Flew scouts (OH-6A) in RVN, so the name was easy. "Skeeter"
View attachment 5939

A little off-topic, but I would not recommend posting your FAA registration number visible on the forum. It would be silly to block out a car license plate because it takes a fair amount of work to create a counterfeit plate. Anyone with a Sharpie pen can write your number on their drone and fly dangerous missions you would not approve of. The FAA has specifically said you can mount your reg number inside a battery bay as long as you don't need a tool to open the bay.

Reactions: DustyVisor
Yep have named ours, skipped the champagne/bottle on the front smashing bit though ;-)

I can see it now......just after the ceremonial bottle smash....... "Guys, is anyone else's video tilted?"

Reactions: DustyVisor
A little off-topic, but I would not recommend posting your FAA registration number visible on the forum. It would be silly to block out a car license plate because it takes a fair amount of work to create a counterfeit plate. Anyone with a Sharpie pen can write your number on their drone and fly dangerous missions you would not approve of. The FAA has specifically said you can mount your reg number inside a battery bay as long as you don't need a tool to open the bay.

hailey - Thanks for the heads-up! I'm not too concerned but better safe than sorry. Picture doctored!

My is lorinn.. next one will be lorinnpro:)

..be fRee and fLy..

All my PC's and devices have Star Wars related names, probably going to be Millenium Falcon.

Strange because all my GPS units have a name. Maybe I call "him" Tony (after Anthony Fokker)

Adventure is just bad planning

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv