DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

I received the replaced Nano Sync antenna and tested it over the long weekend. It worked much better than the first one that I received. So the first one is probably a faulty one. The new one works well in strong interference area.

Reactions: GoCardz
It's all you can do to get back from 3 miles with a single battery. Why would you want to go further? I just don't see doing a risky mod butchering your RC, destroying your warranty, and ruining the portability to boot.

I agree, but with wifi hotspots being the rage as well as a number of interferences you wouldn't have encountered just five years ago, and getting worse. As far as portability, four hand tightened screws and fits in my hardcore just find. As far as butchering the remote, this is a quality install (had MAXX UAV do mod, thanks guys) that actually looks better than stock. Don't think you will agree, though.

[Quote = "Maciak, mensaje: 144.297, miembro de: 14978"] [ATTACH = full] 9466 [/ attach] Nate, perdona me..used su foto!

Pero ... ¿de dónde van a estos cables? [/ Quote]

Why would you use a Circular Polarizing antenna on the Mavic if you are using Linear Polarizing on the Controller? I like what you are doing, but you are mismatching antenna. You should get a Circular Polarizing antenna for your controller as well like what I'm using, the RexUAX Circular Polarizing Antenna.

Could you provide some more details on how you tapped into the mavic antenna? Did you simply splice into the wire? You can access the connectors under the heatsink directly.

Edit: Ok, I see you simply tapped into the existing antenna leads. Simple enough. Well, curious about your range. I bet it's quite good, even if you're losing 3db due to circular polarizing to linear mismatch. I have the mismatch in the other direction, but still get good results. You've amped the craft, so even better.

Last edited:
The installation video talked about not breaking plastic clips. I'm the guy that breaks it, so I let Maxx Uav do the work. I watched the video, and the process includes new wiring straight off circuit board of controller.

The installation video talked about not breaking plastic clips. I'm the guy that breaks it, so I let Maxx Uav do the work. I watched the video, and the process includes new wiring straight off circuit board of controller.

Yes, I managed to break BOTH ribbon latches. Anyway, I got it working without the latches with some tape. They are VERY flimsy, almost single use. I took it apart a couple times to get alignment right and eventually broke both.

Dude? What is this? So instead of modding it from the root just the antenna was replaced? Don't get this. Currently busy with another thing, have to get back to this soon..
That's one mother of a panel you got there btw.!
Me too

Anyone to help with the following:
When i want to travel really compact i want to be able to remove the panel antenna and stick normal antennas on top. Something like the stock ones, unboosted. The bracket can stay on. Screwing them on locally is no issue but foldable would be nice as well. Any ideas what antennas give an optimal performance?

Hi Maclak,

There are some small ducky type 2.4ghz RP-SMA dipole antennas you could get to screw on when you don't have the patch antenna on. I believe the are around 3dbi gain.

2.4ghz 3dbi Rp-sma Wifi Antenna + Ipx/u.fl Cable for Mini Pc Pci Card Amazon.com: 2.4ghz 3dbi Rp-sma Wifi Antenna + Ipx/u.fl Cable for Mini Pc Pci Card: Computers & Accessories

Or you can use the longer 6dbi that I use when I want a little more gain.

Highfine 2 x 2.4GHz 6dBi Indoor Omni-directional Antenna 802.11n/b/g RP-SMA Female Connector + 2 x 20cm/8" U.FL / IPEX to RP-SMA Pigtail Antenna WiFi Cable Amazon.com: Highfine 2 x 2.4GHz 6dBi Indoor Omni-directional Antenna 802.11n/b/g RP-SMA Female Connector + 2 x 20cm/8" U.FL / IPEX to RP-SMA Pigtail Antenna WiFi Cable: Computers & Accessories

Ken

If any of you guys are curious as in what is inside the Nanosync antenna, well here you go. It is only a simple, off the shelf PCB patch. I really love the bracket design though. The white plastic patch in the photo was within 2dbm of the Nanosync and it is a six dollar antenna from Amazon.

I've done several controlled (as possible) tests and my home made biquads are best. They are not nearly as pretty, but they penetrate better than the four or five different antennas I have tested.

For what it's worth, the FCC controller has an output of about 45mw. (This on the left antenna of course) I did try a booster on the left antenna and it was putting out roughly 400mw after the booster. The booster proved to be too much for the downlink at 400mw as it started freezing as short as 1km. I still have more testing I want to do with the booster though. I may attenuate it more to about 100mw and see if I can establish an equalibrium between uplink and downlink.

Oh, and BTW, the rectangle black patch in the photo is crap. This is the patch they sell as a upgrade for the FRsky Taranis. I thought I may have had a bad one but, I tested four of them I have and they are all the same. I even opened them all up to make sure the solder joints were ok and to make sure the antenna was facing the correct way. The white 6dbi dipole tested better than the black patch.

Ken

mavic_antennas_table.JPG

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zumbidousa