DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nassau County - Town of North Hempstead

JOHNVOSS

Reactions
I have been searching for information about Town specific rules about drone flying in Nassau County. I could not find any information on line about the Town of North Hempstead so I reached out to the Town offices. Today I spoke with a person at the Code Enforcement dept. who was kind enough to call me back and he told me he was unaware of any Town specific regs. Then I looked up ToNH parks. The No Hempstead beach formerly known as Bar Beach is a ToNH park and is open to County residents and by deduction I am assuming it would be OK to fly there.

I plan to check it out in the near future before the snow flies.

Reactions: Droniac
I have been searching for information about Town specific rules about drone flying in Nassau County. I could not find any information on line about the Town of North Hempstead so I reached out to the Town offices. Today I spoke with a person at the Code Enforcement dept. who was kind enough to call me back and he told me he was unaware of any Town specific regs. Then I looked up ToNH parks. The No Hempstead beach formerly known as Bar Beach is a ToNH park and is open to County residents and by deduction I am assuming it would be OK to fly there.

I plan to check it out in the near future before the snow flies.
The town commissioner just banned drones from our flying field for no apparent reason very sad, I have been a member for 20 plus years.I would have loved to have her come down and demonstrate how safe they are and let her fly mine. My club didn't want me to make waves as the majority fly planes. I would have stressed that we have some 30 safety officers and everyone flys safely. You should contact them and tell them you need a safe place to fly.

• Sad
More specifically, a TOB permit is for any town park off-season. Mine is good till 4/30.
And, I don't know if it was a mistake, but I am not a resident.

Last edited:
The town commissioner just banned drones from our flying field for no apparent reason very sad, I have been a member for 20 plus years.I would have loved to have her come down and demonstrate how safe they are and let her fly mine. My club didn't want me to make waves as the majority fly planes. I would have stressed that we have some 30 safety officers and everyone flys safely. You should contact them and tell them you need a safe place to fly.
Imo. Planes ok but no drones is just not logical. Make it an issue is a tough call as the majority has spoken. The idea of questioning Where you at?? Is totally valid. My son’s back in younger days new of an abandoned armory. They got together and petitioned it to be a skateboard park! I told them don’t be to disappointed as it’s not going to be easy. Half pipes, insurance, etc. liability? Many by nature are very litigious. I gave them credit, though. I gave them even more credit when the town passed the request and Smithtowm armory has been a skatepark now. The guys/girls have a great place for fun and to socialize. The falcon to the falconer? Fight the good fight. Anti-dronetic. Godspeed

Town of Oyster Bay update. They have revised the permit application. Even the Seasonal permit requires specific flight information now.

Check out the update here:

Town of Oyster Bay update. They have revised the permit application. Even the Seasonal permit requires specific flight information now.

Check out the update here:

Thanks for the heads-up literally and figuratively. I’ll view it asap. That’s for sharing!! Godspeed, Droniac

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie