DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

National Part Flying - Biased Regulations?

Peter Brazil

Reactions
Cheers fellow pilots,

Today I watched a documentary on Banff National Park in Canada. I was surprised to see that there is a tour operator with a FLEET of helicopters to fly around and ferry tourists around the whole park. But, try flying a drone there and you'll be slapped with a 25k fine - you are disturbing wildlife. I say what??? My Mavic Mini will disturb wildlife but a fleet of full sized choppers flying non-stop does not? I don't get it.

Cheers fellow pilots,

Today I watched a documentary on Banff National Park in Canada. I was surprised to see that there is a tour operator with a FLEET of helicopters to fly around and ferry tourists around the whole park. But, try flying a drone there and you'll be slapped with a 25k fine - you are disturbing wildlife. I say what??? My Mavic Mini will disturb wildlife but a fleet of full sized choppers flying non-stop does not? I don't get it.
It’s the Golden Rule. Them’s that’s got the gold makes the rules.

If there is that many helis flying around, it may be more of a safety issue. They may just not want amateur drone pilots causing an accident with manned aircraft.

Cheers fellow pilots,

Money talks, people walk.

No recreational drone flying in any of Canada's National Parks. You can get permission for some non-recreational purposes and you could, theoretically, get permission for a group recreational event.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes