DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Natures valley - a short aerial visit

Droffarc

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nature's Valley is a holiday resort and small village on the Garden Route along the southern Cape coast of South Africa. Nature's Valley lies between the Salt River, the foothills of the Tsitsikamma Mountains, the Indian Ocean and the Groot River lagoon. Nature's Valley has a balmy climate and is surrounded by the de Vasselot Nature Reserve which is part of the Tsitsikamma Park, and in turn part of the Garden Route National Park.
Nature's Valley, and the surrounding coastline, was occupied by Old Stone Age or Paleolithic man from 1 million years ago. Paleolithic man lived in the area in caves and under overhangs, collecting food in the tidal zone and hunting for a rich variety of wildlife. Various glacial periods interrupted this coastal occupation. San hunter-gatherers lived in this area from about 10,000 years ago until they were displaced by Khoikhoi herders from the interior.

The Brenton blue butterfly, Orachrysops niobe, was first described from Knysna by Roland Trimen in 1858, and was not seen again until discovered in 1977 at Nature's Valley and shortly thereafter in 1979 at Brenton-on-Sea. The Nature's Valley population was assumed to be extinct when no more sightings were made after 1984. The cause of this decline was felt to be the absence of fynbos fires causing a shortage of the butterfly's foodplant Indigofera erecta, and accordingly a controlled burn was carried out in April 2003, with a reintroduction of butterfly eggs in August 2005.
In 2000 researchers from the Albany Museum in Grahamstown discovered a number of aquatic insect species new to science in the Salt River, which lies at the western end of Nature's Valley. The isolated position of the river, a lack of fish and its acidic and unpolluted water are thought to have been factors in ensuring the undisturbed survival of these primitive forms. New housing developments within the catchment area of the Salt River may threaten the continued existence of these unique insects.
Languages spoken in the area:
Afrikaans 60.4%
English 28.9%
Xhosa 5.7%
S. Ndebele 2.5%
• Other 2.5%
According to Wikipedeia

At the climax of my journey and due to circumstances I take a hiatus (przerwa/阙文).
Music:
SPRING OF DECEPTION - Density & Time

Nice video! Have you thought about a camera mount for the top of your helmet? I enjoy your videos, but this one was more obscured by your windshield than the others (at least to me)

Hi GFields, yes but turned it down. Firstly, it makes the helmet heavier which is noticable on an all day ride, for me at least. Secondly, the turning of the head is somewhat too rapid and does not look good to me. Having watched videos of esp. Pavlin of Bulgaria on his motorcycle adventure channel this is true for him too. I guess one can edit the rapid movements out to make it look better.
I am glad you enjoy the videos - am thinking that a chest mount will improve the view, just too lazy to put it on .

Hi GFields, yes but turned it down. Firstly, it makes the helmet heavier which is noticable on an all day ride, for me at least. Secondly, the turning of the head is somewhat too rapid and does not look good to me. Having watched videos of esp. Pavlin of Bulgaria on his motorcycle adventure channel this is true for him too. I guess one can edit the rapid movements out to make it look better.
I am glad you enjoy the videos - am thinking that a chest mount will improve the view, just too lazy to put it on .
There's a police officer on YouTube can't remember the name, but he has a pole attached to the back of his motorcycle with the camera on top. I think he uses a 360 camera. But the thing is there is no obstructions.

Reactions: Droffarc

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
algirasingh