DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Navigating a slot canyon with the Mavic.

Chuggie

Reactions
Navigating a bending slot canyon is not easy. The video below is from my first day to carry a drone in a backpack up a ski lift. I successful carried it down a double black diamond run on my Snowboard without touching turf.

Reactions: paulbeumer
Navigating a bending slot canyon is not easy. The video below is from my first day to carry a drone in a backpack up a ski lift. I successful carried it down a double black diamond run on my Snowboard without touching turf.

Cool.

Hate to think what might happen if you lost radio contact. Was RTH set to return? Could you get in there to retrieve it?

Cool.

Hate to think what might happen if you lost radio contact. Was RTH set to return? Could you get in there to retrieve it?

Hi,
Yes return to home was set but at a high enough altitude to clear the canyon; however the canyon had overhang too.

Did you have the dome on? Can see prop reflections starting about 1:43

Last edited:
Did you have the dome on? Can see prop reflections starting about 1:43
Hi,
No the dome was not on, the reflections are the sun light at a steep angle passing through the props. I also have a Phantom Vision 2+, it has worse issues with prop reflections, and I have an Inspire 1, it has was less issues with prop reflections due to the greater distance between the props and the camera on the inspire.

Would be _much_ better to set it to hover rather then RTH.
I was too busy navigating the canyon to notice if there was GPS lock or not, the Mavic was close enough for a ground lock though, so flight was stable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom