DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filter question

Ripper7620

Reactions
I've only purchased polarized Polar Pro ND filters as of now, but is there any circumstances where you would strictly want to use non-polarized ND filters(low light/night time)? Thank you in advance.

You wouldn't want ND filters in low light or night time would you??
I guess not likely,however, I haven’t worked in low light conditions, so I wouldn’t know what works best.

Yeah, nothing in low light, then the higher the ND number, the brighter it gets. PL filters remove glare of reflective surfaces like water.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Yeah, nothing in low light, then the higher the ND number, the brighter it gets. PL filters remove glare of reflective surfaces like water.
Yep, I mostly shoot on water, so that's my reasoning for going strictly polarized.

Reactions: Simmo
I've only purchased polarized Polar Pro ND filters as of now, but is there any circumstances where you would strictly want to use non-polarized ND filters(low light/night time)? Thank you in advance.
Here is the main difference between the ND and ND/PL filters.
It really comes down to the look you are trying to achieve for each shoot.
Happy to answer any questions and thank you very much for supporting our brand!

-Jeff from PolarPro

Here is the main difference between the ND and ND/PL filters.
It really comes down to the look you are trying to achieve for each shoot.
Happy to answer any questions and thank you very much for supporting our brand!

-Jeff from PolarPro
Thank you very much, this was very helpful, and I appreciate it.

I guess the issue with a Polarizer is that based on the situation, a polarizer might need to be moved, at least when I used a PL on my DSLR I would have to move it around to get the best result which would prove difficult with the drone in the air.

I guess the issue with a Polarizer is that based on the situation, a polarizer might need to be moved, at least when I used a PL on my DSLR I would have to move it around to get the best result which would prove difficult with the drone in the air.
Yes, definitely true, we have a Youtube video on that too :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123