DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters for the first time

Jimck9

Reactions
Went out to fly to see what an ND filter would do to my video. With old-man hands and fingers tried to unscrew the current "lens" off my M2Z, no luck. If I have the Zoom on its back with the camera facing me, I'll rotate it to the left to remove it? (Lefty loosey, righty tighty?) Do I need a wrench of some kind the first time I try to remove the stock "lens"?

Went out to fly to see what an ND filter would do to my video. With old-man hands and fingers tried to unscrew the current "lens" off my M2Z, no luck. If I have the Zoom on its back with the camera facing me, I'll rotate it to the left to remove it? (Lefty loosey, righty tighty?) Do I need a wrench of some kind the first time I try to remove the stock "lens"?
Yep, you turn in counter clockwise.

I literally designed the mavmount ND filters with grooves on the side so they are easier to put on... exactly because of that problem.

You can also use a rubber band. It can take some force. If I recall I initially used a pliers but protected the rim. But the metal is soft so too much pressure will make it even harder to twist - counterclockwise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky