DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters in Auto mode

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
I have been devouring the great posts on filters, and I am practicing as much as I can with ISO and shutter speeds. However, one question seems elusive still.
If I revert to auto settings for video in a pinch, will ND filters improve the quality of the video? From what I have read, they would still reduce the shutter speed greatly with all the quality improvement that entails.

The ISO would go up at some point which would degrade the quality a lot, I'm not sure at what shutter speed the ISO on the mavic starts to go up in auto mode, but it would be fairly easy to find out by putting it in a room room plenty of light then progressively reducing the brightness levels by closing curtains and dimming the lights to see how it reacts.

Assuming it reacts in an ideal way - by only starting to ramp ISO when shutter speed exceeds twice the frame rate, using filters in auto mode wouldn't be a bad idea, although you'd still get the exposure changing as you shot in directions with different scene brightness

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54