DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters needed?

jduga

Reactions
I just bought a Mavic Air - Should I be looking at buying ND Filters? Hold off until I'm familiar flying? Don't really need them? I am not keen on dropping another $80 if I won't use them.

I didn't have filters for awhile but a year ago I purchased a pack and in some lighting they make a huge difference. I recommend purchasing. I found a pack of 4 for around $30-$35 on Amazon.

Reactions: dawgpilot and jduga
Should I be looking at buying ND Filters? Hold off until I'm familiar flying? Don't really need them?
To read forums, you'd think they are necessary.
But the case for using them is exaggerated.
You can shoot quite good video without them and for some situations, they make no difference at all.
I'd suggest going without and learn a lot about your drone until you know enough about how you want to use the drone and whether ND filters would really make an important difference for you.

Reactions: jduga
HERE is another thread in the forums that discusses this question with some pictures

Reactions: jduga
If you can't make a decent video without them you won't be able to do any better with filters. In fact I would stick with auto exposure for awhile. If you're like me you're going to have a hard enough time remembering to start the video.

• Haha
Reactions: PistonPete
Not an absolute necessity, but a rather desirable one. That said, learn the abilities of the various camera settings. The camera has a fixed aperture, so play with the ISO and Shutter Speed. If purchase of an ND filter is foreseeable, then a set would be preferred over an individual. Set can be had easily on AMAZON.COM. ND filters normally play with aperture settings by f-stop standards. You can easily explore the world of ND filters on the www. Learn the camera features by flying and trying differing settings on differing day conditions. Make notes!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007