DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters

NorbertG59

Reactions
Hi,
I have a filter set (Sunnylife) for Mavic Pro serie, the problem is that they are a pain in the backside to install and even worse to get it off the gimble
my question is: is there any Mavic Pro ND Filters out there that are good and easy to fit and take out?

Regards

SmilingOgre

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Not that I know of. They all use the same twist lock attachment as far as I know. Per my experience it does get better over time as one gets more used to the process. There could be a slight difference between brands but that would require someone to buy all of them and compare. I use Polar Pro on the M2 and DJI on the M3 and can tell no difference.

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
They all use the same twist lock attachment as far as I know.

They are actually just a push on fit, no locking, just push down to the line . . . but you can sort of twist them to help fitting.
It is a pain to change them out if you are a pedantic 'frame rate / half shutter' videographer.

I just go for 'round about' that if needed, generally only when I'm flying lower, at low to moderate speed, with lots of detail on the ground etc.

I have NISI ND filters, and find them ok.
You do need to turn off the drone, handle the drone securely, hold the camera body firmly, like I said it can be a pain of doing that often.

I have another 2 sets of NDs being Neewer and a part set not sure what brand, but all were similar in fit / fitting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Logando