DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nd Filters

realitycheck

Reactions
I am looking at ND filters. Currently am looking at the skyreat polarizer series and the polar pro cinema series. Was curious what everyone's take on these are and if one set is better than the other. Would like to save the 20 bucks for something else if they are as good as the polar pro if not I'll spend the extra. Just curious if one is better glass, better polarizing effects, or fits better,easier to take off, etc, than the other

I recently purchased the Polar Pro Cinema series.. I'll say two things about them.
1. What a difference in the video quality.
2. Well worth the $$$

Reactions: Jamison74
I use the DJI ND filters. They weigh virtually nothing so the possibility of gimbal damage due to excessive weight is reduced. Very fiddly to use though.... Some earlier PP ND filters had issues when the quad was started, wouldn't allow full movement during the start up and were causing the gimbal to overheat.
ND filters really are a worthwhile addition.

Only thing I read about the dji ones are the glass can crack. I also wanted to try and take advantage of the polarizer version s

I have freewell filters, and neweer filters. Both sets are great, and calibrate executes fine while on.

The neweer set were extremely good value for money, ND 4/8/16/32 for around 25 GBP.

Reactions: Yas786
I have freewell filters, and neweer filters. Both sets are great, and calibrate executes fine while on.

The neweer set were extremely good value for money, ND 4/8/16/32 for around 25 GBP.
Do you have a link where you bought them from??

I've got a set of taco rc filters in my amazon wish list, planning to buy them end of month. But not sure how good the taco rc filters are, they are £50 though.

Do you have a link where you bought them from??

I've got a set of taco rc filters in my amazon wish list, planning to buy them end of month. But not sure how good the taco rc filters are, they are £50 though.
Sure, I bought them from amazon, but the link from my account shows as unavailable :/

Neewer 4 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Pro Drone Quadcopter Includes: ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32 Filter, Made of Multi Coated Waterproof Aluminum Alloy Neewer 4 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Pro Drone: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Looks around though, you may find on Amazon from another seller or eBay.

Reactions: Yas786

Do you know the weight of the Neweer filters? The metal looks crude and heavy compared to the Taco RC's. I'm leaning more towards Taco RC as there are more hands on reviews on YouTube. Looking at the 6 piece set for £59.99 on eBay

Do you know the weight of the Neweer filters? The metal looks crude and heavy compared to the Taco RC's. I'm leaning more towards Taco RC as there are more hands on reviews on YouTube. Looking at the 6 piece set for £59.99 on eBay
The build is fantastic, same as the freewell filters. And most likely the taco Rc filters. I think they all use the same design.

I think they weight is around a gram, but I can't be sure as I don't have scales that precise here.

Last edited:
Reactions: J888TSG
Here is my 2 cents for what it's worth. I have 3 sets of ND filters. 2 sets were sent to me in exchange for an honest review on Amazon. And the one set I bought, the Polar Pro Cinema Series 6-pack (V.3)
The two other bargain bin sets had a problem with color cast, lens flare and vignetting. Both sets looked as though I was filming out of a shoebox. There is definitely a difference in the quality of HD glass, evenness of multi-coat, fit and being truly color neutral. The other 2 lesser filter sets claimed to be multi-coated but after the lens flares I experienced, I really doubt after knowing the extra expense of the MC process compared to their price point that they were actually even coated at all.
The PolarPro however are amazing, true colors, crisp and clear. Another plus with the PolarPros is their customer service. They are top notch and if any problem however slight occurs, they handle it immediately. A lifetime warranty from a company who is not only an approved vendor here on Mavic Pilots. But the owner and founder himself chimes in on posts here to answer questions/concerns directly.
When people talk budget ND filters I look at it like this. You bought a $1000 drone why now are you choosing filters based on lowest price and not highest quality? The one purchase that will make or break the most important part of your hobby, the image.
No one has ever regretted buying quality.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
f4b0ef625341eabfa8f69b05b35dc244.jpg

Reactions: Jamison74
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J