DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters

Allynne

Reactions
Hi Everyone
I hope this finds you well and hope you are all keeping Safe, I am a very newbie to the drone world and have a Mavic Pro 2, what I would like to know is what is the best ND filters to use with it, I have heard some folk say that Polar Pro is good and I have heard also some say, stick to DJI ND filters, thanks in advance
Alan

I did not mean to sound caustic in my previous post. For a more constructive answer to your question, I have a Polar Pro set for my MP and have had no problems. I would avoid polarizing filters unless you have a specific need for them. They are great for cutting reflections and adding more saturation but are dependent on setting both the filter and drone angle correctly with the sun. Any video panning on a sunny day will change the sky from light to dark to light and make editing much more difficult.

I did not mean to sound caustic in my previous post. For a more constructive answer to your question, I have a Polar Pro set for my MP and have had no problems. I would avoid polarizing filters unless you have a specific need for them. They are great for cutting reflections and adding more saturation but are dependent on setting both the filter and drone angle correctly with the sun. Any video panning on a sunny day will change the sky from light to dark to light and make editing much more difficult.
I thank you for the reply, I have heard a lot about ND filters and of course Polar Pro was mentioned a lot. I don’t want to get polarising filters just for the reason you mentioned, and if I am shooting images I can sort a lot out in post pro, but I have no idea about video I have to try and learn that, being new at 68 flying drones and shooting video is all new to me, but I thank you for the info, much appreciated

Reactions: FlyingB
I use PolarPro NDs for critical work. I have found them just to be better overall. For many videos I use the Freewell variable NDs, as well as for scouting.

Reactions: Allynne
I have gone through several different brands for my different drones and I do find the polar Pro be good quality. Personally I find the polarized ones to be useful as they are adjustable and I do fly near water quite a bit.I guess overall in the long run it does require a bit more calculating then how much polarisation you need in the shot that you're trying to get.

I thank you for the reply, I have heard a lot about ND filters and of course Polar Pro was mentioned a lot. I don’t want to get polarising filters just for the reason you mentioned, and if I am shooting images I can sort a lot out in post pro, but I have no idea about video I have to try and learn that, being new at 68 flying drones and shooting video is all new to me, but I thank you for the info, much appreciated
I'd go with the Polar Pro set of three, 8ND, 16ND, and 32ND. If you fly mostly on sunny days the ND 16 or ND 32 are good for motion blur with video. I'd go with the Cinema series, and you have to call them or ask for the custom page in one case of 3. Cinema Series ND8-ND16-ND32. Should cost around $79.00.

My primary reason for a filter is lens protection. I use them on all my Nikon DSLR camera lenses.

My primary reason for a filter is lens protection. I use them on all my Nikon DSLR camera lenses.
The clear filter that is standard equipment and comes with the drone will give you lens protection. The purpose of the ND filter is to acquire more motion blur., and, as a secondary effect, lens protection.

I have gone through several different brands for my different drones and I do find the polar Pro be good quality. Personally I find the polarized ones to be useful as they are adjustable and I do fly near water quite a bit.I guess overall in the long run it does require a bit more calculating then how much polarisation you need in the shot that you're trying to get.
Thanks for that information, it looks like I will go with the Polar Pro ones, but only the ND ones for now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure