DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND/PL Filter Sets - Freewell, PolarPro, Tiffen or PGYTech ?

DCM-PA

Reactions
Hi All,

I'm wanting to pull the trigger on a set of ND/PL lens for the MA2 and it seems all four vendors are gearing up for around mid-June shipping. My preference is to grab a set of 4 (ND8/PL, ND16/PL, ND32/PL, and ND64/PL) vs a set of 3 (ND8/PL, ND16/PL, and ND32/PL), which would mean either Freewell or PGYTech. Two questions.........

- Given the MA2's camera, how significant would the handicap be not having a ND64/PL for very bright days ?

- Of the four manufacturers, which has a track record of higher quality and less lossy or distorting glass?

I'm presuming things like scratch coating, fitment n such are nominally about the same, but then, I have no idea.

What would you do?

I am in the same position, waiting and wondering, however, Polar or Freewell are the way I am leaning. I also would like a single CPL as well, most sets unless they are huge dont include that. From the repuations apparent from other drone products in the past, I dont think you can go wrong with the Polar cinema series. The 64 is pretty dark... not sure I would need it in my world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2