DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND32PL filter for Mavic Pro

Rojillio Santoro

Reactions
dji stopped production of the MP shortly after I ordered mine and the companies that manufactured accessories seemed to have followed suit. I did buy a 6 piece filter set from Polarpro, but the darkest polarizing filter included is ND16PL which is inadequate for use in the sun when shooting video at 24 fps at a shutter rate of 1/50 sec. The next thing darker available from Polarpro was the ND64PL which I used it the video below.

This looks too dark to me. I don't know if this can be properly corrected through post processing.

I think I need an ND32PL filter, but the only one I can find withoug buying a whole new set is from Neewer, Amazon.com : Neewer ND32/PL Lens Filter for DJI Mavic and Mavic Pro Quadcopter with Carrying Box, Made of Optical Glass, Multi Coated, Aluminum Alloy Frame (Black) : Camera & Photo
The reviews leave me a bit hesitant. Can anyone recommend an available ND32PL available for the MP?

dji stopped production of the MP shortly after I ordered mine and the companies that manufactured accessories seemed to have followed suit. I did buy a 6 piece filter set from Polarpro, but the darkest polarizing filter included is ND16PL which is inadequate for use in the sun when shooting video at 24 fps at a shutter rate of 1/50 sec. The next thing darker available from Polarpro was the ND64PL which I used it the video below.

This looks too dark to me. I don't know if this can be properly corrected through post processing.

I think I need an ND32PL filter, but the only one I can find withoug buying a whole new set is from Neewer, Amazon.com : Neewer ND32/PL Lens Filter for DJI Mavic and Mavic Pro Quadcopter with Carrying Box, Made of Optical Glass, Multi Coated, Aluminum Alloy Frame (Black) : Camera & Photo
The reviews leave me a bit hesitant. Can anyone recommend an available ND32PL available for the MP?
Your video is properly exposed ?. Not common to see given the challenging light.

There may be times you’d want an ND32 but you can get by without it. Just lower your shutter speed a touch to get a little more light in. That double your frame rate thing is more of a general guideline. If you find a good one then great ? pick it up but don’t mess with low quality filters ?

Reactions: Thomas B
Give NISI an email.
I have their ND8 throughly to ND64, inc the 32, but they aren’t on their website any longer.
They may have some about they can split off and sell to you.
I have used the 32, never the 64, but might try it for some longer exposure photos sometime.
This is the US contact, they only show the natural night one, but give them a try, other sites are Australia and Euro, might be worth emailing them too as I got mine here in Oz originally.
There are also retailers that still may have stock.

You can always alter the exposure if you think it is too dark to say +0.7.

I went to use mine at the weekend to try and get a direct shot of the sun but kept getting bright orb flare on my pics and it didnt pick up the perfect roundness of the sun ? so took them off....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54