DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND64 filter interesting pic

3rdof5

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Testing the ND64 filter with video and took a few stills.
This particular one I was testing on the Sun and caught a flock of geese clearly. A cool shot actually.

Attachments

• dji_fly_20230604_195942_95_1685931473272_photo.jpg
    9.6 MB · Views: 97
Here is the video, nothing special to watch, but here is 4K 60FPS shutter speed set to 1/120 and all else on auto.

Testing the ND64 filter with video and took a few stills.
This particular one I was testing on the Sun and caught a flock of geese clearly. A cool shot actually.
The ND filter managed to allow you to reduce the brightness of the sun, but you underexposed the foreground. I opened the image in Adobe Photoshop and used the masking tool to darken the sky and allow better visualization of the geese. Then used the inverted mask of the sky to open up the shadows of the foreground. Here are the two images side by side, before and after.

Dale
Miami
Original 2023-06-06 at 8.42.17 AM.jpgEdited version.jpg

The ND filter managed to allow you to reduce the brightness of the sun, but you underexposed the foreground. I opened the image in Adobe Photoshop and used the masking tool to darken the sky and allow better visualization of the geese. Then used the inverted mask of the sky to open up the shadows of the foreground. Here are the two images side by side, before and after.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 164965View attachment 164966
Thanks Dale.
I appreciate you taking the time to process my pics.
Not to criticize, and I'm certainly no expert, but in this case I preferred abit more difference between the foreground and the sky, just my eye's preference.
But I am amazed at what you shown us on how post processing makes all the difference in an OK photo compared to a Professionally processed one.

Thanks Dale.
I appreciate you taking the time to process my pics.
Not to criticize, and I'm certainly no expert, but in this case I preferred abit more difference between the foreground and the sky, just my eye's preference.
But I am amazed at what you shown us on how post processing makes all the difference in an OK photo compared to a Professionally processed one.
I am constantly trying to recommend these masking tools as a major breakthrough in these difficult high dynamic range images. Finally, we have these tools to compensate those underexposed foregrounds.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada