DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Near Miss

maintenanceguy

Reactions
Didn't realize how close I came to dumping my MA2 into the water until I watched the video later. It was very early in the morning and probably too dark to fly. I was trying to adjust the contrast on my phone to see better and looked up to see my drone in the trees. Pulled back and somehow the drone survived.

The video looks washed out because I had to brighten it a lot to make it viewable. As I said, it was still pretty dark at the time. I was out there to get some sunrise photos/video over the lake and fall foliage.

Yeah that’s a near miss that I’d never want to be a passenger on board. You likely skimmed a few leaves.?

Reactions: Tommy85
Ouch but glad your ok, why is the gimble position jerking up and down like that? Where you playing with it also?

I almost had that happen the other day during RTH. M2 was higher the RTH height when I lost connection behind a hill coverd in trees. I regained contact just as it was about to hit branches! Object avoidance didn't kick in due to small branches.

WOW, really flirting with that Sweetgum aren't you! Surprised it survived, but glad it did.

If you had to lighten the video, the image on your phone must have been even darker. That's probably why it looks like you were coming out hot and didn't realize the distance to water or the embankment. I have old eyes, but I know sometimes when it's a little darker out (over water) the light reflection looks like I am higher above the water than I really am...kind of like those horizon shots when it's hard to discern where the land stops and the sky begins, Glad you didn't dunk it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78