DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need a good tablet to use with the Mavic Air in the $200 range

The Galaxy Tab A is available at CostCo for well under $200 and it's a decent, if not stunning, tablet.

GameStop.com has awesome deals on refurbished iPad Minis. I just bought an iPad Mini 4 with Cellular 64GB (Space Grey) for freaking $309.99. That's a killer deal. For some reason, the cellular and WiFi only models are the same price on their website, so definitely get the cellular so you can utilize the GPS chip.

What if you tether the WiFi iPad mini to your iPhone while flying? Will it be able to use the GPS through the iPhone’s connection?

I think that would work. I never tried it but in theory it should not be a problem.

I picked up a cheepy tablet (Lenovo tab4 8+ costing £150 uk) and use it exclusively for flying my mavic air. It handles anything the dji4 app frows at it, and with the brightness cranked up to the max, can be viewed as well as similar apple products on even the sunniet days.It has an eight inch screen and fits in a mavic air remote. Don't waste a fortune on an over rated over priced apple mini tablet when something a fith of the cost will do the same job.

I wouldn't touch a apple product. I have been using a Google nexus 7 and 9. Runs dji go super smooth and no bloatware that you get on Samsung devices.

I have the wi-if mini 4 iPad and it works great. It fits perfect in the remote controller. With no cellular you will lose maps and follow me feature but you do have active track. Walmart has on sale 128gb wi if for $299.00 . To get cellular and 128gb they go for $600. I'm fine with no cellular . You will also not be able to reset Rth feature on the fly with no cellular it will rth to original take off point. The mini 4 is perfect for the controller and beats the **** out of using a cell phone screen.
I picked an iPad mini 4 at Walmart last weekend for $99. This was a demo model and just 16GB, WiFi only, but really works great with my MP.

For maps I just view the area I am going to fly at, while at home, in both go4 and litchi, and the maps are cached. If I forget I just tether to my iPhone X. That doesn’t get me GPS but no biggie since I don’t really use that even with my iPhone. But if I’m in a situation where I want my MP to follow my location by GPS, whether for tracking me via GPS or resetting the home point, I can just use my iPhone instead of the mini.

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada