Join Us Now

Need advice about crash repairs to gimbal /camera

Pedroestrellas

Reactions
Hi thanks for reading
I crashed my mavic, the following parts clearly need replacing:
One of the corner mounts on gimbal vibration plate snapped off
Ribbon cable snapped

I have ordered them and feel confident about replacing them however the camera feed is also not working/black screen
Does that imply something else is broken?
On connection to controller/phone I get the following error messages :
Red warning triangle ;Gimbal gyroscope error, gimbal motor overloaded
Spanner symbol ; Hardware malfunction, gimbal is restating....
Thanks for any advice

In addition to the other parts, you might end up needing a new silver LVDS cable if you are not getting video. A bad LVDS cable can also cause a gimbal gyro error, but many times the gimbal gyro error is caused by a broken camera lens. The only way to find out is to examine the silver video cable, and if it's broken, replace it and see if the gyro error is still there. If you still get the message, you will need to buy a new lens/camera barrel.

Reactions: Pedroestrellas
Hi Thunderdrones
Could the broken ribbon cable alone account for loss of video or does it definitely mean either the silver video cable and/ or camera barrel is broken?
Thanks again

Hey so just to jump on the bandwagon, I moved my ribbon cable around and bingo got rid of the 1 error but like everyone above still get the gyroscope error. Thing is I have a perfect view on the camera, it does it's thingw when starting but end up pointing 45 degrees down and the cam won't stay level it just moves wherever I point the drone.no issue with the babke looks good to go and again I get video and the gimbal has no tension or obstruction it's free flowing to the touch. Anyhow first like wreck, hit the only light pole in the whole dang lot! In reverse mabey at 3 mph 5 ft up. Otherwise it's a tough like machine I will say that much. Do that to my only yuneec q500 4k and your out a body, this that and the otger. Anyhow any suggestions? Besides calling DJI? Thanks in advance.

Hey so just to jump on the bandwagon, I moved my ribbon cable around and bingo got rid of the 1 error but like everyone above still get the gyroscope error. Thing is I have a perfect view on the camera, it does it's thingw when starting but end up pointing 45 degrees down and the cam won't stay level it just moves wherever I point the drone.no issue with the babke looks good to go and again I get video and the gimbal has no tension or obstruction it's free flowing to the touch. Anyhow first like wreck, hit the only light pole in the whole dang lot! In reverse mabey at 3 mph 5 ft up. Otherwise it's a tough like machine I will say that much. Do that to my only yuneec q500 4k and your out a body, this that and the otger. Anyhow any suggestions? Besides calling DJI? Thanks in advance.
What I have found to cure the gimbal gyroscope error is a new lvds silver stranded video cable. Despite getting video, there might be a kink in your cable that's throwing the gimbal gyroscope off.

What I have found to cure the gimbal gyroscope error is a new lvds silver stranded video cable. Despite getting video, there might be a kink in your cable that's throwing the gimbal gyroscope off.
Gotcha. I don't see what else it could possibly be so I'll have a go at that. I'm researched out. Thanks a bunch I really appreciate the help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard