DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need everyone's help on this one! Request to DJI to add all cinematography features on Mavic 3 to Mavic 3E Enterprise series

Yeldrones

Reactions
Hi Everyone!

After getting the Mavic 3E enterprise, and working with it in mapping 3D modeling with customers, I have decided to create a petition at change.org

The petition's objective is to request DJI add all the features that the Pro consumer Mavic 3 has into the Pilot 2.0 software so that the Mavic 3E enterprise series can take full advantage of all that is capable of.

It would be of great help if you can sign it, share it, and even email it to DJI so they can hear all of our voices. Their customer care email is [email protected]

I know there are people who have encouraged everyone to refrain from buying the Mavic 3E rtk until DJI is forced to add back these features, and I also think that creating a petition alongside can only help the cause and make it even more visible to DJIs eyes.

If you have any feedback I would also appreciate it!

John

Reactions: a2k
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
---

until DJI is forced
No one can "force" DJI to do that. Sorry mate.

Reactions: TonyPHX
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
---

No one can "force" DJI to do that. Sorry mate.
Yeah that's was someone else's quote, but hey if all anyone can do is just sign a petition which is better than just giving up, why not do it right, maybe you can do it?
Thanks!

Not to say it is hopeless, but yeah, this is like the Simpsons episode with the old man yelling at the cloud.

I'm not thrilled that the 3E and the 3Cine are both required to accomplish many tasks, but until there is a viable competitive option, they know we are kind of stuck. : )

Reactions: Yeldrones
The difference is that DJI actually does care about social media, and what are the issues gaining traction that might gain them some bad reputation.

Let me give you an example that I shared with another fellow pilot

We are basically talking about a comparison between an F150 Lariant with and F150 Platinum.
The Platinum version is significantly more expensive than the Lariant version, they are essentially the same truck but the Platinum comes with higher end features.

What is happening with DJI is basically customers buying the F150 Platinum truck but guess what, Ford decides to disable the AC unit on the Platinum trim, but enable it on the lower trim F150 Lariant. And that is just one example, imagine if your Platinum truck came without super basic features like power door locks and without power windows, yet the cheape F150 trim Lariant did.

You think customers will just be all peachy and cool and accept that behavior from the manufacturer?

Naw, customers will be out with pitch forks doing exactly what we are doing here.

I can guarantee that nothing will happen if we don't try, and that's what we are doing here, trying, and instead of writing messages which show much understandable hopelessness, as many people as possible can sign the petition and contribute to the strength in numbers to show DJI that we do care about this, and that it is not okay and we wont stand for this kind of decisions and behavior.

Every smart manufacturer follows this rule, I kid you know that I bet DJI wants to be just like Apple and create customer loyalty as strong as they and Tesla have.

In every product case, every top of the line product, includes ALL the featured of the lower tier products plus all the additional features.

All Iphones 14 Pro Max can do everything the lower tier Iphones can do and more, and the Tesla Model X has all the features that the lower tier Model Y has and even more as well.

Cheers

The difference is that DJI actually does care about social media, and what are the issues gaining traction that might gain them some bad reputation.

Let me give you an example that I shared with another fellow pilot

We are basically talking about a comparison between an F150 Lariant with and F150 Platinum.
The Platinum version is significantly more expensive than the Lariant version, they are essentially the same truck but the Platinum comes with higher end features.

What is happening with DJI is basically customers buying the F150 Platinum truck but guess what, Ford decides to disable the AC unit on the Platinum trim, but enable it on the lower trim F150 Lariant. And that is just one example, imagine if your Platinum truck came without super basic features like power door locks and without power windows, yet the cheape F150 trim Lariant did.

You think customers will just be all peachy and cool and accept that behavior from the manufacturer?

Naw, customers will be out with pitch forks doing exactly what we are doing here.

I can guarantee that nothing will happen if we don't try, and that's what we are doing here, trying, and instead of writing messages which show much understandable hopelessness, as many people as possible can sign the petition and contribute to the strength in numbers to show DJI that we do care about this, and that it is not okay and we wont stand for this kind of decisions and behavior.

Every smart manufacturer follows this rule, I kid you know that I bet DJI wants to be just like Apple and create customer loyalty as strong as they and Tesla have.

In every product case, every top of the line product, includes ALL the featured of the lower tier products plus all the additional features.

All Iphones 14 Pro Max can do everything the lower tier Iphones can do and more, and the Tesla Model X has all the features that the lower tier Model Y has and even more as well.

Cheers
Well said points. For the record, I agree with you.

I did make a strongly worded post on their developer center. : ) Of course now, I realize they are probably imagining me wagging my finger at them too. Well, I have tried. I respect you for trying too.

Well said points. For the record, I agree with you.

I did make a strongly worded post on their developer center. : ) Of course now, I realize they are probably imagining me wagging my finger at them too. Well, I have tried. I respect you for trying too.
I just got my emails "escalated" to higher customer service, who offered me a pair of free propellers for the mavic 3 Enterprise for my troubles 🤣

I said I'll at least take a Battery in addition to the propellers.

We'll see what they reply come Monday. lol

The somewhat good news, is that on their latest reply which was this past Thursday, they hinted at saying they will be bringing some features in the future to the enterprise series.

I asked them to publish that publicly on their Mavic Enterprise webpage, that they will eventually support all the features in the enterprise series, and to explicitly list the features. They hinted that it will take some time, similarly to the launch of the Mavic 3 which took them 6-9 months before all the features that we know of today were released via firmware updates.

What do you think? Are we compelling them to do it?

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Hi Everyone!

After getting the Mavic 3E enterprise, and working with it in mapping 3D modeling with customers, I have decided to create a petition at change.org

The petition's objective is to request DJI add all the features that the Pro consumer Mavic 3 has into the Pilot 2.0 software so that the Mavic 3E enterprise series can take full advantage of all that is capable of.

It would be of great help if you can sign it, share it, and even email it to DJI so they can hear all of our voices. Their customer care email is [email protected]

I know there are people who have encouraged everyone to refrain from buying the Mavic 3E rtk until DJI is forced to add back these features, and I also think that creating a petition alongside can only help the cause and make it even more visible to DJIs eyes.

John
I signed - I am trying to complete a 360 picture view of a light pole at a little league baseball field - having trouble doing this with point of interest - is there a better way?

I just got my emails "escalated" to higher customer service, who offered me a pair of free propellers for the mavic 3 Enterprise for my troubles 🤣

I said I'll at least take a Battery in addition to the propellers.

We'll see what they reply come Monday. lol

The somewhat good news, is that on their latest reply which was this past Thursday, they hinted at saying they will be bringing some features in the future to the enterprise series.

I asked them to publish that publicly on their Mavic Enterprise webpage, that they will eventually support all the features in the enterprise series, and to explicitly list the features. They hinted that it will take some time, similarly to the launch of the Mavic 3 which took them 6-9 months before all the features that we know of today were released via firmware updates.

What do you think? Are we compelling them to do it?
I hope this is true, it’s actually making me hold off right now on purchasing the Drone. Petition signed.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

John
Lack of POI on the Mavic 3 E is a major disappointment for me. I should have done more research prior to purchasing, I have been using my Air 2S for tower inspections with my M3E sitting in the car as backup. I am not ready to invest in DroneDeploy, Pix 4D or DJI terra for automated flights - the M3E, lacking at least POI has made me consider this. I did a DroneDeploy trail and it is amazing - I am sure the other 2 are as well but I do not need all those features. I do not need to 3 or 4 D model anything for my work.... so I would like to see the features added to the M3E.

Sammy (DJI Support)
2023/2/18 GMT+8 18:24
Dear Customer,

Greetings from DJI. We hope this message finds you well.

Sorry to trouble you. I just doubled check it with our R&D department to get you an update. Our engineers have plan to update this feature. However, it does take time, and there will be many compatibility tests involved. I cannot make any promises now. I appreciate your understanding, and I really hope this will be achieved. Please stay tuned to our latest information by following DJI's Official Websites.

We will continue to improve our services and optimize our products. If there is any problem in subsequent use, please feel free to contact us.

Sammy (DJI Support)
2023/2/18 GMT+8 18:24
Dear Customer,

Greetings from DJI. We hope this message finds you well.

Sorry to trouble you. I just doubled check it with our R&D department to get you an update. Our engineers have plan to update this feature. However, it does take time, and there will be many compatibility tests involved. I cannot make any promises now. I appreciate your understanding, and I really hope this will be achieved. Please stay tuned to our latest information by following DJI's Official Websites.

We will continue to improve our services and optimize our products. If there is any problem in subsequent use, please feel free to contact us.
Sounds great, I will wait for it to be released and tested.

I’m sorry but I will not buy 1 for video/photo and one for surveying/mapping. So until this is implemented I will watch and wait.

I’m glad they came out to say something but until then I’ll be taking this with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
It is a lot of gear to carry. I'm not thrilled with DJI at this point, and although there are not really better options, if you have not bought yet, you may very well want to hold off.

John,

I gladly signed the petition and thank you for initiating it. This is the reason I have not purchased my own M3E. I had a chance to test drive one awhile back and it was awesome. That camera is something else and stability in the wind is pretty stellar. But as soon as I started poking around in the DJI Pilot app I was like, "what the hell...where are all the cool features like hyperlapse and POI!". Again, thanks and keep fighting the good fight!

Eric

@Yeldrones Probably not going to happen. Found this while comparing different vendors. Plan to stick with my Autel EVO II Pro E V2 for now. Very happy with the V2 specific app.

From Advexure: DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise w/ DJI Care Enterprise

Does the Mavic 3 Enterprise use a Hasselblad camera?
The camera's specification is same as the Mavic 3, but with the addition of a mechanical shutter. Unlike the Hasselblad natural color solution used by the consumer Mavic 3, the M3E focused more on mapping and modeling color quality, so M3E does not use a Hasselblad natural color solution.

Does the M3E support Timesync?
Yes, the M3E supports Timesync 2.0.

Are there common accessories between the previous generation Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 3 Enterprise series?
No, there are no common accessories.

Does the M3E/T support DJI's D-RTK 2 Mobile Station?
Yes, the M3E/T is compatible with the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station using Mode 5 (Broadcast Mode)

Good luck,

Gerry

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC