DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

need help after crash

vette19862000

Reactions
my mavic pro fell from sky, replaced both rear arms, i cant cant calibrate the imu, i get a error 71. i search site and cant find anything the will advise what to do.

thanks in advance

ray

i didnt solder them i cut the wires about 1 inch from the board then solder the arm wires together and used shrink tube , everything works fine, compass calibrate worked, just get the imu error.

by the way thanks for your help

Last edited:
Reactions: vette19862000
no i don't want to solder it myself, don't want to risk the chance of making a mistake of heating up the board and frying something else. its been over 30 yrs since i solder something that i learned in high school, though when i solder the wires yesterday it went well.

Do you want to try it yourself? The board, without fan, is $69 - $89 online. You will need to do 20 solder joints if you buy the board alone. To save yourself some time and trouble, you could buy a new board with the fan and compass already soldered on like this one:

DJI Mavic Pro Drone - NEW Flight Controller ESC, Power Board & Compass | eBay

View attachment 40735
i found this on ebay , does this have the fan on it?

DJI Mavic Pro Drone - NEW Flight Controller ESC, Power Board & Compass | eBay

It probably better that you find someone who can help you. I repair Mavics every day.

Yes it has the fan and compass but you are still going to have to solder 12 big motor wires and 4 tiny LED wires. If you try it yourself, be very careful not to break any of the compass or tiny LED wires coming from the front arms and going to the board.

Can you take a picture of your work and post it up here? Take the pictures as close as you can to the FC board and all the solder joints you did. Dont order the FC board yet.

Can you take a picture of your work and post it up here? Take the pictures as close as you can to the FC board and all the solder joints you did. Dont order the FC board yet.

well i didn't cut the wires from the rear arms, i just cut the wires about 1 inch from the board then solder them together, so the rear arm wires can still reach the main board. hat would you charge at most for the repair?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU