DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help ASAP, drone fell out of the sky!

why are people so against updating
Do you not update your phone or computer?
I know I would let Windows do its security updates and update my antivirus and firewall if it needed it

I've worked in computing and electronics and know there's more in an update than what they specify and normally for the better
No one said you should or shouldn't update. The reason we suggested he skip it was he was out in the field, not at home when prompted for the update. He could have skipped it, flew, went home & updated on home wifi.
Alos, I mentioned the Spark update in post #6

Reactions: Bunny Too
I agree best place to update is at home..I had same issue updating in the field and it didn’t go vey well. I knew better not to fly so I went home to properly update...TOo bad this happened but it sounds like RTH was not set high enough for the surrounding area..

I have a new mavic pro drone and I have had it for about a week. I went out for a flight this evening and used a battery. I put a second battery in and it wouldnt let me take off until I installed the latest update. After the update installed I reset my settings and took off. I flew for about 10 minutes and then the drone started to lose signal so I pressed return home.

It didnt and then the signal went completely and the drone fell out of the sky. The gimbal was ripped off in the process and 3 sets of rotors went with it.

This is an obvious firmware or hardware issue and I am well within the 2 year warranty. What I want to know is what is the best course of action to take to get a replacement?

Should I go back to the retailer or should I go straight to the manufacturer? The problem is I need this issue resolving and a replacement drone for next weekend!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is not the situation I wanted to find myself in

I has similar situation with similar damage inflicted on the Mavic.
The Mavic is now with DJI for evaluation purposes. I am waiting to hear what caused it.
I do believe there is a problem with firmware

After doing an update (especially in the field) the pilot is responsible for re-checking all parameters and making sure they haven't reverted to unusable defaults.
Most likely, the RTH altitude went back to default and didn't allow for a safe return in that area.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242