DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help, my Mavic is a paper weight right now

I agree with all, please try a different card.
Also make it is a extreme card use for high speed video recording. That card might still can be used in another device.

Also you might can fix the card by doing a low format on the card.

I agree with all, Please try a different card. Also make sure it is a sd card used for high speed video recording (i.e. extreme U3). That card might can be fixed, and if not still be used in another device. Try doing a low level format on the card.

1545225258460.png

When you put your card into your computer, can you open it? Do you see any files on it? If so, what happens when you try to open one or do you only see one file from your attempted video recording which you say you can’t open? If there are files on it I would try to format the card? How much space does your computer say the card has after formatting? Then try to copy a file from your computer to the card and then see if you can open that file. If you can then it would seem the problem is not with the card. If you can’t you are just going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. They are pretty cheap.

Reactions: swooshdave
Check that the card has a U3 symbol on it ... These cards have the 'write' speed to accept HD video from the Mavic camera.
The SD card should have the U3 symbol on it like this:
ScanDisk-Extreme-Pro-microSD-press.jpg
If the symbol is U1, then that may be part of your problem - though I'd expect you still to be able to record, but with dropped frames.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
And...although the problem should get fixed, it is far from a paperweight. I fly as often as I can and rarely capture any images. I just enjoy flying it.

I tend to always record (and screen record if I remember). You never know what you may see (even if you didn't know you saw it). You can always delete it afterwards. It also familiarizes you with camera/video settings and you can see the video quality and confirm you skills or show where improvement might be needed.

I agree that the first thing to do, after a format failure, is to try a new SD card. When videoing in 4k, make sure it is an appropriate speed rated card, i.e. a Sandisk extreme or such with a U3 rating.

Watched The Mule this weekend, if you are a Clint Eastwood fan you will like the movie. I don't think it will win any awards but I enjoyed the movie. Bradley Cooper does very little in the movie it is almost all Clint and still enjoyed the movie.
Will do just haven't had the chance to get out yet 0ROJYyg.png

Reactions: Rich55
Ok

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan