DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

need help setting up a USED mavic pro.

Gavriel

Reactions
I just got a mavic pro at a store for a good price (yeah right) anyway, it was returned by a customer who...did not put several things back in the box correctly.

But the customer also knew what he was doing as the hight limit was at 0, a sd card was full with videos showing he had captured images over an old church and for someone who used it for one day he certainly used the dji products in the past but he modded things..

Can anyone tell me how to reset the mavic and controller to its default settings as well as how to check it properly, im tempted to return it already as two props where missing.

1) If you use DJI Assistant 2 and a PC, you can refresh/ update the aircraft and controller firmware and then you can do a factory restore to set all the settings back to the default

Download the software here , you see the .exe file for DJI Assistant 2 v 1.1.6

Mavic Pro– Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Make sure the battery is fully charged before you start the upgrade
Then just follow the youtube steps to update the firmware, remember to turn the AC on after connecting it to the PC, you'll also see in the DJI Assistant 2 the option to do a factory restore

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You do the same thing for the controller

2) When you've done that you may need to re-link the controller to the AC
here are 2 methods to do it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3) To check the AC

a) Read the manual v 2 and read the DJI Go4 manual

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf

DJI Go 4 Manual*ALL UPDATED*

b) testing it outside , see if the gps can get 12 or more satellite links and the home point can be set automatically, also note the AC will be in GPS mode if operating properly

c) raise it into a hover using the auto take off command and check the camera recording both video and still

d) check the aircraft movement by rotating and moving it back and forward , side to side using the controller

e) check the battery cells from within DJI Go 4, make sure there are no significant voltage differences between cells

f) go through the manuals and check that all settings can be set and are working as designed.

4) Replacing props , try and get genuine props , they are not expensive , they a just made better in the mounting points which let them operate more efficiently

Last edited:
Reactions: tracer bullet
Can anyone tell me how to reset the mavic and controller to its default settings
Refreshing or upgrading the Mavic firmware will reset any settings made on the Mavic. No settings are stored on the remote controller, so there is nothing to reset there.

Reactions: BluesDragon
Refreshing or upgrading the Mavic firmware will reset any settings made on the Mavic. No settings are stored on the remote controller, so there is nothing to reset there.
was already up to date out of the box, apparently the previous buyer who returned it to the store had it for a week according to the sales clerk.

So, what exactly do you think the previous owner modded?

If i knew i would of done something about it, i ended up returning it today for a new one, i did not want to wait a few days for an order at a store but rather do it.

I should mention that the person checking the mavic during the return tested it and found the camera to be unstable, it would disconnect itself and we thought it was a software issue, it turned out to be more then this because when we did get the camera to work calibrating it would fail over and over., i rather just get a brand new one ;)

So, what exactly do you think the previous owner modded?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd