DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help waypoints on Mav3

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have found how to do waypoints for a hyperlapse but I've seen folks shooting video using waypoints and I can't figure that out. I never have a little waypoint symbol on the screen like various youtube tutorials show. Can you point me to a youtube tutorial (looked...) for this or comments on how to do waypoints that involve shooting video along the way?

Reactions: JimSteadman
updating the app brought the necessary icon and ability to use waypoints for flight and not just hyperlapses. I can't find how to do that with the mini 3 so perhaps it's only Mav3 that can set waypoints for video?

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I haven't done a mission in a while but this is what I followed. I think there is a setting on what to do with the camera when the mission starts.

Reactions: millbah
perfect. thanks

updating the app brought the necessary icon and ability to use waypoints for flight and not just hyperlapses. I can't find how to do that with the mini 3 so perhaps it's only Mav3 that can set waypoints for video?
Correct. However, with the MSDK now available for the Mini 3 Pro, you'll soon have even more capabilities through Litchi and Drone Deploy!

Last edited:
Correct. However, with the MSDK now available for the Mini 3 Pro, you'll soon have even more capabilities through Litchi and Drone Deploy!
Marketers and product differentiation is so frustrating. I have the Mini 3Pro and Mavic and the idea that the Mini will get an SDK when the Mavic 3 does not have it, at least in the non-T and E versions, is such an eye roller. We'll see if Litchi etc believe it to be profitable enough to develop the program for the Mini 3 line. Hopefully.
perfect. thanks
not really perfect. The fact that each waypoint is connected with what amounts to a bezier curve is frustrating. No actual point to point, ie a 90Deg turn, is possible. That is again, I think, a marketing issue so that the pro drones that can do that are held at arms length. If it's your business you can pay for that ability but no reason to make it available without getting people to shell out the extra bucks. Frustrating but that's life.

No actual point to point, ie a 90Deg turn, is possible.
I am using 3 points placed close together to get a 90 deg turn as a workaround. With my chubby fingers, I wasted a lot of time tapping and dragging the wrong point. It is getting kind of annoying.

Have to zoom in plenty to be able to tap and drag them around.
I am hoping for some updates for the 90 deg turn. 😃

Attachments

• 90 deg turn compromise.jpg
    90 deg turn compromise.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
I am using 3 points placed close together to get a 90 deg turn as a workaround. With my chubby fingers, I wasted a lot of time tapping and dragging the wrong point. It is getting kind of annoying.

That looks better than I expected.
You can achieve straight lines when planning the waypoints in DJI Flighthub 2 or by altering the parameters in the wpml file inside the kmz file.

What a hoot. All because DJI didn't think, "Hey, maybe some people might want to make a tight corner. Let's program that in with a bezier curve as an option". NOT rocket science.

You can use a stylus, instead of a chubby finger, for more precision.
Works much better!

What a hoot. All because DJI didn't think, "Hey, maybe some people might want to make a tight corner. Let's program that in with a bezier curve as an option". NOT rocket science.
And since it's not rocket science they gave us the option to create straight lines between waypoints in DJI Flighthub ... and in Pilot 2 which DJI themselves "leaked". Someone (smarter than me) just needs to create an app for create mapping waypoints for the Mavic 3 consumer drones. Those .wpml files are a bit different from those for the enterprise drones. The tools are all there in my opinion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15