DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help with cables

RipperFox

Reactions
I have a 10" tablet I'm wanting to use with the remote. Can't seem to get any cables to work with it except the (too short) OEM cable.

Micro to C type

Questions: Is it a special type of cable? Does the USB to C type work to connect them? Seen this connection made on some videos, but didn't work for me.

I need a longer version of the DJI cable, or instructions on what I'm doing wrong.il_fullxfull.1612926677_kfn5.jpeg

I have a 10" tablet I'm wanting to use with the remote. Can't seem to get any cables to work with it except the (too short) OEM cable.

Micro to C type

Questions: Is it a special type of cable? Does the USB to C type work to connect them? Seen this connection made on some videos, but didn't work for me.

I need a longer version of the DJI cable, or instructions on what I'm doing wrong.View attachment 79128
Use a regular USB to C from the USB connector middle, front of the remote. I only use the micro USB to charge remote.
5d1522f7fc23d82bee66f9f904709c47.jpg

Unhook the stock controller cable from the left side of the controller. That will enable the bottom USB port to work.

Also don't cheap out on your cable. I was having connection issues with my CS 7.85 until I bought an actual quality cable and all is well. The cheapest one on Amazon isn't always your friend.

You have to purchase a quality cable as I notice on the forum that alot of folks have problems. Personally I have never had a USB cable not work for me..... Good Luck

You also have to remove the micro usb from the left side of the rc. Leaving it plugged in inhibits the bottom port.

Not with my Mavic Air RC for some reason. I used my tablet with the bottom port just fine today with the cable still attached to the side.

You also may want to look into the magnetic (breakaway type) charging cables.
Something along these lines:
You leave the little magnetic connector in the charging port all the time. Just get it close and it connects to charge. Also save wear/tear on that little delicate port (easily broken).

Reactions: BossBob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan