DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help with gimbal.

Freesigner

Reactions
Hi all,

I am due to go on holiday tomorrow and was planning on taking my Mavic Pro with me, but I’m not sure now as I think the gimbal is not rotating :(
I live in Essex and I’m trying to find somewhere to look at it for me, but nowhere.
I’m a new pilot, it says something about gimbal overload or something, and to remove the gimbal clamp, which I do before turning it on. I have tried DJI assistant 2 calibration but not sure.
I would really like to take it with me to Malaysia.

Can anyone help please?

If you removed all the obstructions, try checking that the little pace of tape that comes stuck to the top of the gimbal, didn't get in between the pivot points. Also, with it powered down, do all the joints pivot freely. Also, when powered up, does it respond at all to the control. Calibration fixed mine from being tilted slightly while in flight. After calibrating, the horizon and artificial horizon in my goggles are now in sync.

There is an option on on the go 4 app to enable the camera to move 30 degree upward from straight forward viewing. I'm just throwing this our there but check to see if anything changes between that being in the on and off positions. last but not least, try different update versions. I've heard people had to revert back to an older update to get their drone back to normal.

Hope you get it fixed

Reactions: Freesigner
If you removed all the obstructions, try checking that the little pace of tape that comes stuck to the top of the gimbal, didn't get in between the pivot points. Also, with it powered down, do all the joints pivot freely. Also, when powered up, does it respond at all to the control. Calibration fixed mine from being tilted slightly while in flight. After calibrating, the horizon and artificial horizon in my goggles are now in sync.

There is an option on on the go 4 app to enable the camera to move 30 degree upward from straight forward viewing. I'm just throwing this our there but check to see if anything changes between that being in the on and off positions. last but not least, try different update versions. I've heard people had to revert back to an older update to get their drone back to normal.

Hope you get it fixed
Hi mad Mavic!

I have removed all tape, the gimbal moves freely no obstructions whatsoever. I have flown it it all works well, but just have the message gimbal overload error. I have tried c1 c2 buttons as I have them for the camera tilting up n down and focusing. But the gimbal does no tilt up or down it stays forward.
Like I said previously I am a very new pilot as still trying to get used to everything on the controls. So far I love it. But sad that there maybe something wrong with it. I don’t know where to update to different versions. I have only had my Mavic for nearly 3 weeks so still new.

something I forgot to mention was the need to update all your devices to the latest firmware. I back-searched through forums and found that DJI removed the ability to downgrade firmware back July 2017.

It sounds like you have a warranty issue but that wont help vacation. I'll do some checking around some of the sites and see what I can dig up on gimbal issues. .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne