DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help with mavic pro video stuttering?

GavieboyDji

Reactions
Every time I use my Mavic Pro for videoing and when I come back to watch it back the video recording is stuttering and is really jerky I've tried using different camera settings like 1080p 30fps 4k 30fps. I tried using pal but in pal you can't get 30fps so I keep it in ntsc American video setting. When I watch other people's videos done from the same drone as mine Mavic Pro there's is so much smoother. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks.

Sounds like your shutter speed is too fast. Are you using ND filters to slow it down? There are many threads here on filters and shutter speed.

It also may be an underpowered computer or viewing directly from the SD card.

Are you referring to videos stored on the SD card in your drone? If so what kind of card are you using?
Yeah on the sd card I'm using a fast 64 gb version SanDisk extreme plus 3 a1 v30 it says on it.

Sounds like your shutter speed is too fast. Are you using ND filters to slow it down? There are many threads here on filters and shutter speed.

Good point. I always copy the contents of my card to the SSD drive on my computer.

I think you could be right. I need to invest in some polar pro nd filters I always shoot in auto and just choose sunny or cloudy? In d log as well.

Reactions: ksmusa
Using ND filters should solve your problem. I had the same disappointment with my first choppy videos and got the sinking feeling of having a glitchy Mavic. It is nice to know that it is a common problem with an easy fix.

Using ND filters should solve your problem. I had the same disappointment with my first choppy videos and got the sinking feeling of having a glitchy Mavic. It is nice to know that it is a common problem with an easy fix.
Yeah it's trial and error with the Mavic it's got to be set up right but when it is it's a fantastic piece of kit. Some of the videos I've seen this thing do still amazes me. I have the spark as well which I learnt on and I still use it for low flying and in tight spaces.

Hard to get smooth videos with the UK wind we're very lucky if it's calm over here.

[emoji16]Screenshot_20180509-185606_Dark%20Sky.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikair3